JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Natural Childbirth (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f257-natural-childbirth/)
-   -   Pregnancy tea (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f257-natural-childbirth/2660781-pregnancy-tea.html)

GranolaMamaOf3 June 23rd, 2013 10:00 AM

Pregnancy tea

I finally got around to ordering the herbs to make a pregnancy tea! (NORA tea - Nettles, Oat straw, Red Raspberry and Alfalfa. and Rose hips) I've been meaning to start drinking this since 16 weeks, then at the start of the third trimester... Better late than never ;) I'm excited for them to get here!

Do you or did you drink any herbal teas to help prepare for labor and birth?

Heidijens1 June 23rd, 2013 11:38 AM

Re: Pregnancy tea

I can't stand tea at all, but I heard that you can get the red raspberry leaf in capsule form and wanted to try that but I can't find anywhere around here that sells it.

UrbanMomma June 23rd, 2013 02:02 PM

I drink a nettles/red raspberry leaf tea mixture everyday.

I couldn't afford to keep up with buying all of the herbs weekly for the tea. There is no where around here that sells loose herbs so I have to buy the tea bags. Each one for a box of 12-20 bags is $7-10.
I kept up on the RRL and Nettles though. I have been drinking it iced in a big jug since 20 weeks. I should have started earlier too.

GranolaMamaOf3 June 24th, 2013 09:44 AM

I don't have any place local either. I ordered from here - Bulk Herb Store - Herbs

this is another really reputable website - Bulk organic herbs, spices & essential oils from Mountain Rose Herbs

ashj_1218 June 24th, 2013 12:22 PM

I drank RRL twice a day from 30 weeks to 36 weeks, when I started having a bunch of problems and thought it wise to stop. So I dunno if it did anything. Labor was not really as I planned anyway, so I doubt I would know ;)

UrbanMomma June 24th, 2013 02:09 PM

I can't order online because we don't have credit /debit cards. :(

GranolaMamaOf3 June 25th, 2013 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UrbanMomma (Post 27473333)
I can't order online because we don't have credit /debit cards. :(

I can't say for sure with MRHs but I'm pretty sure with Bulk Herb Store you could mail order with a check. Not saying you should or need to, just throwing out that option ;)

daneeleigh June 25th, 2013 10:33 PM

I only crave tea when pregnant lol. I drink rrl and black tea for the taste. California does not sell it because they believe it puts women into labor.... The girl at the store told me this lol. If that were the case many Mommys would be inducing themselves with it. My midwives told me it just strengthens the uterus so I drink it to prep my body.