JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Natural Childbirth (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f257-natural-childbirth/)
-   -   Hoping for a natural birth this time (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f257-natural-childbirth/2662627-hoping-for-natural-birth-time.html)

fromGirltoMommy July 1st, 2013 05:32 AM

Hoping for a natural birth this time

Hi everyone :waves:

I'm Nikki, lucky to be mama to my beautiful almost 4 year old Kennedi and then I have my cute little belly monster due in mid January.

With Kenn I went into her pregnancy KNOWING I wanted a natural birth with no meds. I was doing awesome I was 30 hours into my birth before they came after me and told me "pit or go home" I knew that the contractions I was having I was not going to manage them in bed without relief. Looking back I *should* have gone home. But in the space I was, I cried my eyes out and caved to pit and an epi :(

My epi only worked for 3 hours because the needle literally came out of my back, no one realized until after I had delivered and they were going to take it out...and it was out! I keep telling my nurse that something was wrong wtih it, but she wouldn't listen. She was a terrible nurse.

Long story short, here I am. And this time I am planning a home birth. I know I can do it, I just feel like I need a supportive little community behind me. I'm really not sure why, but it is the feeling I get this time around.

GranolaMamaOf3 July 1st, 2013 08:14 PM

Re: Hoping for a natural birth this time

Welcome! I'm so glad to have you! The ladies here are wonderful :) I'm planning my second home birth (hopefully) sometime this month :) Feel free to jump right in and post away!

ChicaChels July 1st, 2013 09:13 PM

nikkkkkiiiiii :wub:

daneeleigh July 1st, 2013 09:35 PM

Welcome!

UrbanMomma July 2nd, 2013 06:37 AM

You can do it!! I have had three homebirths (when I can afford them) and they were great!!

NinjaCakes July 2nd, 2013 03:55 PM

You've found the right place :) Welcome!

fromGirltoMommy July 2nd, 2013 06:01 PM

Thanks for the warm welcome girls!! :wub:

Jenifer I know what you mean, although my home birth is only going to cost $1k out of pocket, I have so much worry and anxiety over that grand.

ashj_1218 July 6th, 2013 07:21 PM

Welcome! I remember you from a while back on the CD board :)

therevslady July 9th, 2013 02:37 PM

Welcome! Glad to have you!

ChicaChels July 9th, 2013 05:18 PM

nikki did you get your records sent to your homebirth midwife?