JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Natural Childbirth (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f257-natural-childbirth/)
-   -   When Did Your Water Break? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f257-natural-childbirth/2673109-when-did-your-water-break.html)

allmylove August 18th, 2013 08:07 AM

When Did Your Water Break?

I guess I don't need to say much more (it's all in the title - lol!)

I mean, at what point in your labor did your membranes rupture?

Thanks!

ashj_1218 August 18th, 2013 09:37 AM

Re: When Did Your Water Break?

1st baby-When I was complete and ready to push my midwife broke it to move him a little further down.

2nd baby-Started my labor (aka: water broke then labor started)

3rd baby-Started my labor

I did start contracting as soon as my water broke both times. I know some women wait hours to start contractions. Mine were immediate.

Kelllilee August 18th, 2013 11:27 AM

1st MW broke it at 10cm because they lost her heartbeat

2nd sprung a slow leak and labor started about 40 hours later

3rd broke on it's own 30 seconds before she was born

4th - c/s, dr broke it during surgery

NewGurl August 18th, 2013 11:47 AM

my first was not a natural birth but heres how it went

Id been contracting light/medium (enough to keep me from sleeping all night) for the entire day before I went to the doctor but without any experience with contractions when I tried to explain it to the doctor that was in the office that day she said it was just RLP and sent me home. if shed taken the time to monitor me I thing the labor could have been stopped. as it was almost 12 more hours of contractions after seeing her before I went to the hospital.

since she whouldnt look into it though It was to late by the time I got to the hospital and my water broke an hr or 2 after they gave me the shots to try and stop my labor (35 weeks and 6 days) I gave birth (with an epi) about 13 hrs after that (36 weeks on the dot)

Id say I was "in labor" all be it early not active at least 30 hours before my water broke and then continued to labor another 13 hours after my water broke and I got the epi about 3 hours before birth.

after 40 hours of not being able to sleep or relax or really eat and freaking out over everything i was just to spent to handle it anymore. I really wasn't as prepared for a natural birth as I thought I was so that's what Im working on this time. that and im hoping I don't go preterm/have bleeding this time so I can stay out of the hospital as long as possible.

Memi August 18th, 2013 01:35 PM

My midwife broke my water right before I started to push.

My first wasnt a natural birth but labor started with my waters leaking.

allmylove August 18th, 2013 03:05 PM

Interesting! I had AROM for my first two births but I had a NCB with my third and it broke while I was pushing. :)

crunchywannabe August 18th, 2013 04:55 PM

My water broke on it's own about 1.5 hrs before baby was born... (that's a guess, I really have no concept of time,- I got out of the tub at 715ish, he was born at 9.. somewhere in there it broke) it was forceful too. sprayed all over!

daneeleigh August 19th, 2013 01:13 PM

My water broke on it's own and started my labor. I delivered 11 1/2 hours later.

NinjaCakes August 22nd, 2013 04:22 PM

I was in pre-labor for about a week before my water broke and real labor started. I had her about 10 hours later.

MissusF August 24th, 2013 11:24 PM

Mine broke when I was pushing.

GranolaMamaOf3 August 26th, 2013 10:14 AM

All 3, while pushing, within 10 minutes of birth.

TiggersMommy October 11th, 2013 11:31 AM

My labor with DD started with my water breaking at 3am in my bed. Yay!

I'm REALLY hoping that doesn't happen again because it put me on that **** clock and that stressed me out a little during my labor. :P

HeatherLyn429 October 11th, 2013 08:26 PM

The doctor or midwife has always broken mine between 9-10cm. I don't want them to this time. I want it to either break on its own or her to be born in the caul

AlaskaMom October 12th, 2013 12:36 PM

While pushing, less than 10 minutes before he was born. Sounds like that's quite common! It was fairly dramatic as I recall. Big pop, huge gush, and I said, "wow that kinda hurt!"

neon October 12th, 2013 05:34 PM

I was 39 weeks and it broke on it's own. About 12 hours later my baby was born! (I had been in early labor for several days at that point).

therevslady October 17th, 2013 07:22 AM

1st- 42 week Induction b/c of pre-e, epidural, OB broke my water at 4cm (she was born an hour later).
2nd- 42 week Induction b/c of pre-e, epidural, Water broke around 8cm
3rd- Natural birth at hospital, Water broke at complete to initiate pushing
4th- Water birth at home, Labor stalled at complete, Bulging bag of water, I asked my midwife to break it, she broke my water, I hopped in my birth pool, and baby was born a few minutes later

Third is unpredictable October 18th, 2013 02:08 AM

With my first my waters were ruptured for me around 7cm dilated and I had started pushing half hour later.
With my second I had a very quick labour and started pushing at home, my fore waters broke at home before I left and the hind waters went once I arrived at the hospital when I was at the bottom of the lift still trying to stop pushing as I had not made it to delivery suite. I couldn't move from the lift so my daughter was born pretty quickly after I was inside the elevator.
There is no evidence to suggest artificial rupture of membranes speeds labour in subsequent pregnancies. In first labours it can make labour progress in average an hour quicker. I found it was significantly less painful with membranes in tact, women often find this as the waters act as a cushion for fetal head during contractions. The majority of women will find there waters go naturally if left during the 2nd stage of labour whilst pushing due to pressure exerted.

WendyBird October 21st, 2013 06:19 PM

first two were scheduled cesareans, so they don't count.

With baby #3, my midwife broke the bulging bag about 10 minutes before he was born. With baby #4, it broke on it's own about 20 minutes before she was born, when I first started pushing.

CherryLimeade October 24th, 2013 09:43 PM

I had been pushing for a while when my midwife broke my water, as it was bulging out anyway.