JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Natural Childbirth (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f257-natural-childbirth/)
-   -   I just can't get into hypnobabies! (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f257-natural-childbirth/2674336-i-just-cant-get-into-hypnobabies.html)

joonzgurl August 23rd, 2013 06:55 AM

I just can't get into hypnobabies!

First off, hi there! I haven't been on this board since I was pregnant with my daughter 2 years ago, and sadly her birth ended in c-section. I am hoping for a natural VBAC this time.

Anyways, I have the hypnobabies home study course, and I just CANNOT get into it. It feels goofy to me and there are other things I want to get done during precious nap time and after my little one goes to bed.

I am just wondering if anyone else has ever felt this way about hypnobabies? I feel like a loser because everything I have heard about it is about how awesome it is.

Laurenj915 August 23rd, 2013 05:21 PM

Re: I just can't get into hypnobabies!

I used hypnobabies with my son and it worked. I am using it again with this baby. That said, i actually hate it. I can't get into the relaxation, i can't move anesthesia around my body. I have listened to each script one time while I was awake. The rest of the time I set my alarm to 30 minutes before I want to get up. I grab my headphones, push play, and then listen as I drift back to sleep. The only part I enjoy is the partner scripts, I find it relaxing for my husband to read to me.

I think you should listen to them as you drift to sleep at night or in the morning. I did not feel a contraction until I was 9 cm dialated with my son. I never even thought of asking for pain relief while I was in labor. I just didn't need it. I am sure that is from hypnobabies.

daneeleigh August 24th, 2013 09:59 PM

I really wanted to try it and so far I've failed at doing it. I'm at the point where I think it's too late. I honestly don't know where I'd find the time to do it.

MissusF August 24th, 2013 11:11 PM

I used HB and it worked really well for me. I was so skeptical until I actually went into labor and it worked. Self Hypnosis is a learned skill and I don't think I ever got it down 100%. I always felt distracted while practicing and I couldn't imagine it working in labor when I could barely do it while laying in bed or comfy on the couch. But id did work! I didn't have a completely painless birth. I definitely felt pain instead of pressure lol, but HB kept me comfortable and incredibly relaxed which I know I wouldn't have been able to do otherwise. I would trust in the system, keep practicing and listen to your tracks as you go to sleep. Your body will remember it when the time comes.

MissusF August 24th, 2013 11:22 PM

I also think the verbiage they use is really goofy. I understand the thought behind it; that some women have very negative connotations associated with the "labor", "contraction", etc. But to me it just sounded goofy and it was a distraction. Once I got used to it I could ignore it but it was hard not to laugh sometimes in the beginning.

GranolaMamaOf3 August 28th, 2013 11:51 AM

First off; Best of luck on your VBAC! and welcome to the board!

I have never used HB personally, but I know plenty of women who it did not work for. That's not the to say the method is faulty; I know many others who love it! But... different strokes for different folks. If it's not working for you, dont be afraid to try something else.

I love Bradley! The visualization and deep meditation type techniques they teach worked very well for me! :)