JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Natural Childbirth (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f257-natural-childbirth/)
-   -   Baby born en-caul? ... Extra protein? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f257-natural-childbirth/2711128-baby-born-en-caul-extra-protein.html)

Thankfulhelpmeet March 5th, 2014 10:04 AM

Baby born en-caul? ... Extra protein?

Just wondering anyone who has had baby born en-caul (or nearly) did you consume extra protein when pregnant/extra vitamin c/red raspberry leaf tea or nettle tea? I have read these things can help to have a strong sac. Does anyone else have info on this?

ThankYou

moxiemommie March 5th, 2014 03:36 PM

Re: Baby born en-caul? ... Extra protein?

Very interesting! I have no experience with this but I will have to look into it! Ive heard of babies being born en caul but I also hear its pretty uncommon or almost "rare."

Calendula March 5th, 2014 04:56 PM

This is interesting... both times my MWs put me on a very high protein diet. With my daughter, she was not born en caul, but I had an extra 'fore-sac' of amniotic fluid, so my water broke on it's own, and then the second sac I eventually let them hook literally seconds before I began pushing.My son came a lot faster, and he was born totally en caul (but not with an additional caul cap, just born completely in his intact sac). I didn't get to check it out because it was full of meconium so they broke it quickly once he was out.

eta: I also tried to get lots of vitamin c rich foods to help with iron absorption, but neither of the teas for me.

pr1madona March 9th, 2014 08:35 AM

Interesting. I've never had a baby born in the caul, but I have very strong sacs. They always have to be broken towards the end because the hold up the last couple cm of dilating. I think it would be cool to have a baby born in the caul. I eat lots of protein, have vit C foods, and also drink rasp leaf tea.

sweethome March 27th, 2014 04:26 PM

When I had twins baby B was born en-caul. I was trying to eat a high protein diet, but I am not sure how well I did... :) This was the diet I followed or tried to follow. Twin Brewer Pregnancy Diet

momology April 28th, 2014 09:06 AM

I dont have any personal experience but my doula had her second child en-caul and she was eating high protein following the brewer diet.

hiskid1324 April 28th, 2014 08:23 PM

Of my three, two started with the breaking of membranes. I had a very high protein diet with all three, highest with the third. High vit C with the second and third, and I drank NORA tea throughout my pregnancy with my third. My second came closest to being born en-caul and his broke within a couple of minutes of him being born, but I'm not sure when. I just know it was before he was born.

momof8lopez May 18th, 2014 07:29 PM

I've had 8 baby's, one born en caul. None of my pregnancy's resulted in my water breaking on its own, had to be broke for me at 9-10cm dilated. My baby born en caul was my 5th, she was induced and I bled heavely when in labor, so no one knew when or if my waters had come out. U/S during labor showed no fluid, but nurses said I did not break at the hospital. I had one incodent where I thought I pee'd my pants horribley at 36wks, and that could of been when I lost it. I didn't think it realy meant anything, just the sac still surrounding her. Now that I think about it, I have always eaten a high protein diet. I love meat, and greens. Nothing else extra in my diet though, I think some women just retain the protein naturally.