JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Natural Family Planning and FAM (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f222-natural-family-planning-and-fam/)
-   -   Ovulation (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f222-natural-family-planning-and-fam/1680357-ovulation.html)

*1Boy1Girl* August 23rd, 2009 07:53 AM

Ovulation

Have you ovulated yet?

ShawnaCAN August 23rd, 2009 09:02 AM

Re: Ovulation

Nope, only CD 4 here. LOL

MommaTrish August 23rd, 2009 09:13 AM

no, not yet, but supposedly at the end of this week I will be.

benandali August 23rd, 2009 09:32 AM

Haven't in about a year! Not looking like its coming anytime soon either :)

ShawnaCAN August 23rd, 2009 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MommaTrish (Post 17048583)
no, not yet, but supposedly at the end of this week I will be.

Supposedly, based on what? Be careful with fertility "predictions" - your body may not know it's supposed to follow a forecast. It might have it's own ideas, so if you need to TTA right now - be sure to apply the TTA rules based on the signs your body gives you and not on predictions about when ovulation will occur!

geogeek August 23rd, 2009 09:54 AM

I have 1 day of temp rise and EWCM dry up so possibly.

MommaTrish August 23rd, 2009 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShawnaCAN (Post 17048842)
Supposedly, based on what? Be careful with fertility "predictions" - your body may not know it's supposed to follow a forecast. It might have it's own ideas, so if you need to TTA right now - be sure to apply the TTA rules based on the signs your body gives you and not on predictions about when ovulation will occur!

:lol:
as of now I wouldn't know the signs if they hit me over the head with a sign saying "You're ovulating!" so any signs I should be looking for would be nice to know.

benandali August 23rd, 2009 11:08 AM

Mod-Momma Trish, what NFP program are you using???

ShawnaCAN August 23rd, 2009 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MommaTrish (Post 17049119)
:lol:
as of now I wouldn't know the signs if they hit me over the head with a sign saying "You're ovulating!" so any signs I should be looking for would be nice to know.

Are you interested in working with an instructor or taking a course that will explain all of it? That's really the easiest (and most effective) way to learn how to avoid pregnancy with charting. There are options for learning face to face (classes, private instruction), online courses, and home study courses. All pair you up with a teacher for personalized support, because each woman's fertility is unique to her. The teacher will help you learn the signs that indicate fertility for you, and the signs that indicate infertility for you.

All forms of NFP and FAM reccomend charting for the first 2-4 weeks of learning without any genital contact. This is so you can learn to observe your mucus properly without fluids related to sex to make it confusing. It also helps you establish a baseline to go from, to determine your Basic Infertile Pattern.

In a nutshell, if you have cervical mucus you are potentially fertile. Sperm can live in your body for up to 5 days when you have mucus waiting for ovulation to occur. Mucus is something you can feel or see or both. It takes a bit of practise to get the hang of observing it properly at first and learning what it all means, but then it's second nature - you hardly have to think about it any more.

Hope that helps! Don't hesitate to PM me if you want some help finding out what teaching services are available in your area.

LJD3Tdance August 23rd, 2009 03:47 PM

Yes! First time since July 2008, I ovulated, Idk, I can't remember how many days ago....I'd have to look at my chart, but I'd guess it was 5 days ago, so if I go back to my old 12 day leutal phase a week from now AF'll be here, not looking forward to that, my first pp AF after Courtney, and after Rock was really heavy and icky, ewww!

MommaTrish August 23rd, 2009 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShawnaCAN (Post 17049769)
Are you interested in working with an instructor or taking a course that will explain all of it? That's really the easiest (and most effective) way to learn how to avoid pregnancy with charting. There are options for learning face to face (classes, private instruction), online courses, and home study courses. All pair you up with a teacher for personalized support, because each woman's fertility is unique to her. The teacher will help you learn the signs that indicate fertility for you, and the signs that indicate infertility for you.

All forms of NFP and FAM reccomend charting for the first 2-4 weeks of learning without any genital contact. This is so you can learn to observe your mucus properly without fluids related to sex to make it confusing. It also helps you establish a baseline to go from, to determine your Basic Infertile Pattern.

In a nutshell, if you have cervical mucus you are potentially fertile. Sperm can live in your body for up to 5 days when you have mucus waiting for ovulation to occur. Mucus is something you can feel or see or both. It takes a bit of practise to get the hang of observing it properly at first and learning what it all means, but then it's second nature - you hardly have to think about it any more.

Hope that helps! Don't hesitate to PM me if you want some help finding out what teaching services are available in your area.

thanks! I'll look into them, though I don't know if I have the money to sign up for a course, but then it is cheaper than getting pregnant again I'm sure.

ShawnaCAN August 23rd, 2009 04:21 PM

1. Cheaper than the cost of pre/post natal care, definitely! Also what you pay one time for instruction usually works out to be a lot cheaper than what you'd spend on contraceptives in a year.

2. In cases of financial need, most instructors will waive their fees and charge for the materials only. Just ask! They might simply that you to consider making a donation to the organization when finances are better.

benandali August 23rd, 2009 06:17 PM

Mod-Momma Trish, I don't have a bunch of extra $$ either. Just to let you know, I decided on BOM and am currently taking the online course. I only paid $25!! That's technically for a "limited time" instruction but my instructor said she is more than happy to work w/ me until I return to fertility and am comfortable w/ it. I'll probably pay the extra amt. after that to continue w/ indefinite instruction. But the $25 was so so worth it. I am getting alot more comfortable with the method and recognizing my signs!

MommaTrish August 23rd, 2009 06:19 PM

$25 isn't too bad, is there a general website that I can go to?

benandali August 23rd, 2009 06:27 PM

Well the BOM site I went to I found up in the stickies but here's the main address:

WOOMB Home Page

Good luck! :)

SavaAngel August 23rd, 2009 09:41 PM

I was strapped for cash when we started BOM (online) and they waived the fee for a few months and then I paid $70 and never have to pay again!

Oh, and I haven't O'd yet - CD 8 - just finishing up my clomid!