JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Natural Family Planning and FAM (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f222-natural-family-planning-and-fam/)
-   -   Intro. =) (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f222-natural-family-planning-and-fam/1691450-intro.html)

IAmMomMomIAm September 1st, 2009 06:29 PM

Intro. =)

Hello ladies! This is my first time posting on this particular board, but I'm certainly not a stranger to JM. I decided to start posting here because I hope it will provide a bit more support for my birth control methods than my family supplies. DH is on board of course, but everyone else.... <_< My inlaws are ridiculously nosey and absurd people, and whenever I mention having another baby they tell me I should be on birth control. Since they mention it often, then know that I'm taking any, and they don't approve.

Anyways!

My name is Kes, and I'm 24. My husband is Andy, he's 28, and we've been married three years in January. We have two children - Luke, who is just about to turn 2, and Lauren, who's 4.5 months.

I *think* I qualify under FAM rather than NFP. While most months we practice abstinence at the appropriate time, sometimes we just can't help ourselves. I used the same system between the two kids, and I plan to use it in the future.

Mostly I choose FAM because I know I won't take a pill every day (I was on the pill for six years for cramps etc and never managed to take it every day), and I weigh too much to use the patch. :p The shot scares me, and I won't get an IUD until I'm done having my children. I don't like the idea of shoving hormones into my system on a daily basis, nor the idea of screwing with my body's natural processes.

The church I belong to doesn't recommend specifically against artificial contraception, but against contraception at all, heh. Technically NFP is not endorsed unless it's for a health reason (i.e. if pregnancy is dangerous for whatever reason, including immediately after childbirth).

abm27 September 1st, 2009 07:25 PM

Re: Intro. =)

Hi and welcome! I'm Ashley. I'm fairly new to all this, but the ladies here are great at answering questions and providing support! Hope you like it here!!

btw, your children are adorable!! :wub:

benandali September 1st, 2009 07:29 PM

Hi, welcome! My church is like that as well. No contraception unless you have real need. In our case, financial need! Totally know what you mean about the inlaws!My MIL would freak if she knew we were preventing a pregnancy in any way. :rolleyes:

ShawnaCAN September 1st, 2009 09:42 PM

Welcome to the gang!

MommaTrish September 1st, 2009 10:21 PM

yo ;)

LJD3Tdance September 2nd, 2009 12:15 AM

Welcome, stranger ;) . Glad to see you over here. Idk if I knew you used NFP/FAM. Exciting. I know what you mean about lack of support. Nobody exactly tells me to be on birth control, but I for sure get some skeptical remarks. And they do say that Nick should get snipped after we're done, which I'm sure many of them think should be now... c'est la vie. Family can be so fun, can't they? lol

Once again, glad to have you! Hope you stick around!

SavaAngel September 2nd, 2009 12:31 AM

Welcome.

My in-laws were wary of NFP when we started using it.

ShawnaCAN September 19th, 2009 08:08 AM

How have you been Kes?