JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Natural Family Planning and FAM (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f222-natural-family-planning-and-fam/)
-   -   Q about lack of period.. (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f222-natural-family-planning-and-fam/1707484-q-about-lack-period.html)

keekopeeko September 16th, 2009 01:18 PM

Q about lack of period..

Ok.
So its been 42 days since i DIDNT take my next depo shot.. and still no period.. and not really any clear indication that i have ovulated either.. I only used the depo shot twice.. and i know it can be a while until i get my period.. but im starting to get antsy.. and also starting to wonder if/when i should take a preg test... (which i highly doubt since we've been careful)

do you have any experience with coming off the shot and how long it took your period to get back? or a friend?

my SIL got of the depo shot and got pregnant with in the next month.. (woops)

~Em

ShawnaCAN September 16th, 2009 01:25 PM

Re: Q about lack of period..

It's really common to not have a period for awhile after Depo. There's really no way to predict how long it will take, there is such a wide variety of experiences when it comes to recovering from the shot. Clinical trials suggest the average time it takes your body to fully recover from Depo is 18 months - 3 years, but that doesn't mean you won't have a period for that long! It just means your cycles may be irregular, you may not produce adequate CM for awhile, etc. Hang in there! If you reach 90 days without bleeding, you may need to see your doctor about inducing a period with Provera. It's not good for the lining of the uterus to sit longer than 90 days without shedding. If you've had any contact on days of fertility so far, then it wouldn't hurt to test either - just to rule that out. If you haven't noticed any signs of fertility yet or haven't had contact on days with signs of fertility, then don't bother wasting a test.

keekopeeko September 16th, 2009 01:36 PM

i havent really noticed any real good signs of fertility at all.. and def no preg symptoms.. and like i said. we've been careful so i wouldnt think i was pregnant.. it just seems like a long time to not have gotten my period back...

~Em

ShawnaCAN September 16th, 2009 01:40 PM

I can see what it would be alarming, but it's very typical post-Depo. Very common! Hopefully soon!

LJD3Tdance September 16th, 2009 09:26 PM

I have several friends who didn't get their period for a long time after depo, one didn't even get it for a year after!

keekopeeko September 17th, 2009 05:54 AM

stupid depo shot...

~Em

LJD3Tdance September 18th, 2009 07:14 AM

:(

ShawnaCAN September 18th, 2009 12:27 PM

Are you charting?

keekopeeko September 23rd, 2009 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShawnaCAN (Post 17346978)
Are you charting?

no not yet.. just checking my CP and CM every now and then.. I plan on charting after i start my period..

ive charted before to TTC.. but not to TTA

~Em

ShawnaCAN September 23rd, 2009 12:49 PM

What if you ovulate before you get your first period?