JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Natural Family Planning and FAM (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f222-natural-family-planning-and-fam/)
-   -   What are the odds... (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f222-natural-family-planning-and-fam/1710204-what-odds.html)

aubbydobby September 18th, 2009 08:25 PM

What are the odds...

...that I may be preggers?

Back story:

I've had "the flu" for two weeks. Which is a ridiculously long time... I'm achey, tired, cranky, and nauseous. I haven't puked, just felt gross. No fever, but lots of headaches and tiredness. No sore BB's, but good gravy am I out of it.

Thanks to the wonders of charting, I know that it's not a mathematical possibility for this cycle. It could have been a possibility last cycle... but I had a period. So, now I'm confused, and AF isn't due for another week!

Ladies, whaddya think?

ShawnaCAN September 18th, 2009 10:04 PM

Re: What are the odds...

Well, to get a really good handle on the odds - do you have a chart we could look at? Did your last period occur 11-16 days after Peak, or earlier than that? In other words, could it have been implantation bleeding and not menstruation?

LJD3Tdance September 18th, 2009 10:33 PM

Those kind of things do seem to happen where ladies mimic pregnancy sometime, but like Shawna said, without a chart it is really hard to guess...some pregnant ladies have no symptoms and some non-pregnant ladies have all the symptoms, so symptoms are a hard gage.

aubbydobby September 19th, 2009 08:34 PM

I do have a chart... but it's on the online BOM site. Any easy way to put it up for viewing? I'm not sure how to show it to you?

ShawnaCAN September 19th, 2009 09:05 PM

I have no idea! I tried navigating that charting service once and found it really confusing, so I use nfpcharting.com. Didn't you show us a chart once before? Did you just copy and paste that one?

LJD3Tdance September 20th, 2009 12:11 AM

Can you right click and then save as and then upload it to photobucket?

aubbydobby September 22nd, 2009 07:35 PM

Well, when I do that, it gets really small... Here it is anyway...

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/l...tte/Image1.png

This is only the last 30 days. I do want to point out that this has been the weirdest last four weeks I've ever had. Also, I'm not entirely sure how to use the online stamps... and I don't know if I accurately recorded my last bleed. It wasn't very heavy, and I didn't have nearly as bad of cramping as I usually do.

ShawnaCAN September 22nd, 2009 07:51 PM

Hmmm, it's really hard to see your observations - but based on that I'd say your odds are on the lower end of the spectrum. It's possible that the first bleed you charted was ovulation bleeding, and the second was some early pregnancy bleeding - but I wouldn't put a great deal of money on that. You could always test just to ease your mind.

aubbydobby September 23rd, 2009 08:48 AM

Nuts... I was hoping for a "Nope, no way no how." :) or even a, "Yep... right there, definitely!"

I should just go test. There's an OB clinic in town that offers free pregnancy tests. Do you think (if I were) there would be enough hormone in my urine to show positive?

ShawnaCAN September 23rd, 2009 11:34 AM

Oh yeah. If the first bleed was related to ovulation, you can get an accurate test 14 days after conception. You're well past that.

aubbydobby September 23rd, 2009 07:34 PM

Okay. I'm going in tomorrow. Can't take it anymore! I wanna know!!! :bfp: or :bfn: just wanna know.

ShawnaCAN September 23rd, 2009 10:44 PM

Me too! I wanna know too!

aubbydobby September 24th, 2009 09:05 AM

Test says no! :) Looks like I just have a mystery illness.

LJD3Tdance September 27th, 2009 12:30 AM

Well, the good news is you weren't wanting to be yet, so yay for that, but boo for illness.

aubbydobby September 27th, 2009 11:10 AM

No joke, eh? I'm just glad I'm not having to stress about having a baby with no insurance, no way of getting insurance and no hope of even Medicaid help!

Phew!

LJD3Tdance September 27th, 2009 02:11 PM

Why wouldn't Medicaid help you? Do you make too much money for that?