JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Natural Family Planning and FAM (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f222-natural-family-planning-and-fam/)
-   -   When you are done having kids... (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f222-natural-family-planning-and-fam/1734346-when-you-done-having-kids.html)

LJD3Tdance October 11th, 2009 10:04 AM

When you are done having kids...

When you are done having kids are you going to continue NFP/FAM or will you/dh get something done (tubal, vasectomy)?

*1Boy1Girl* October 11th, 2009 12:19 PM

Re: When you are done having kids...

Yeah, I'll continue. No use putting either of us through the pain of recovery of something like that. Plus, Jordan wouldn't agree to vasectomy. This guy hates pain. LOL

LJD3Tdance October 11th, 2009 12:40 PM

Nick would, but I really don't want him to get one, I'm worried he will anyway though :(

benandali October 11th, 2009 06:38 PM

Just continue :)

SavaAngel October 11th, 2009 08:29 PM

BOM until I need a hysterectomy if necessary or till menopause.

ShawnaCAN October 12th, 2009 10:18 AM

BOM until menopause. Neither of us is comfortable with the long term risks associated with both types of sterilization. It completely contradicts our faith anyway...no way we want to live without being able to receive Communion!

SavaAngel October 12th, 2009 11:23 AM

I have family history of medically necessary hysterectomy's so that is why I added that.

LJD3Tdance October 14th, 2009 05:00 PM

Yeah, I don't think hysterectomy is the same as the tubes tied thing in the faith, cuz the hysterectomy is for a different reason IMO. I mean having a hysterectomy doesn't sound like something I'd do for fun to me! But I know my mom had to have one...and it wasn't a good situation...so :(

ShawnaCAN October 14th, 2009 05:31 PM

Definitely! A hysterectomy is done to deal with a pathological condition, disease, or injury - not a sterilization procedure like tubals/vasectomy. Sterilization is a byproduct of the surgery, but not the purpose of it.

abm27 October 14th, 2009 06:22 PM

probably both LOL!! I'm not sure... once we actually start having kids, we'll decide :)

geogeek October 15th, 2009 04:57 AM

Probably the essure procedure for me. But I think that it will be no kids for a few years before I go down that road. DH would NEVER get the big V done. He is a baby when it comes to pain.