JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Natural Family Planning and FAM (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f222-natural-family-planning-and-fam/)
-   -   Pregnancy Test Question (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f222-natural-family-planning-and-fam/1743504-pregnancy-test-question.html)

benandali October 19th, 2009 04:26 PM

Pregnancy Test Question

I have been feeling nauseous, moody and crampy the past few days w/ no CM changes. Since I'm still fairly new at all this I of course freaked and thought maybe I was preggo. I took one of the Clear Blue tests that have the lines show up + or -.... When I took the test out of the wrapper it already had a very faint - line on it. Does that mean it is a faulty test??
Anyway, I took it and there was an EXTREMELY faint +....like hubby couldn't even see it and I could only see it if I held it just right. Being the high stress person I am, I freaked out even more and went and got a digital test. It said not pregnant thank goodness!!!
So was that first one faulty??

geogeek October 19th, 2009 05:17 PM

Re: Pregnancy Test Question

It might have been an evap. Blue line tests are notorious for that. It does take a while for the digis to register a pregnancy though.

*1Boy1Girl* October 19th, 2009 05:19 PM

Yeah, I'm not a fan of blue dye tests. I'd probably call that an evap and say it's faulty.

ShawnaCAN October 19th, 2009 05:20 PM

I'm pretty sure the windows should be completely blank when you open them, but I'm no expert on tests!

benandali October 19th, 2009 05:29 PM

huh, didn't know there was a difference in the dye...so are the pink ones any better? Well, going by my chart there is just no way so I'm gonna say it was faulty!

geogeek October 19th, 2009 05:46 PM

The pink ones are better.

feministwriter October 19th, 2009 06:12 PM

I've never been pregnant, but after seeing many negative tests, I'd have to say that I would know that something was "off" if a test had any indication that it was positive. You may want to try a different type of test and see what the results are.

LJD3Tdance October 21st, 2009 08:58 AM

No the + / - tests almost all come with a negative already on them, the reason is that line will be there if it is + or - the only line that really matters is the one that goes | . And the pregnant / not pregnant tests need more hCG to show pregnant than the + / - tests. If you don't start, I'd retest, I had light +'s with my + / - test...but they were serious.

And some women do report the pink tests as working better for them, the evap lines seem to be more common on the blue dye, however for me the pink tests don't work as well, so I think this one is individual.

SavaAngel October 21st, 2009 10:42 AM

I prefer pink dye over blue. I accidentally bought some blue dye tests last month and I am kicking myself for it. That is what I get for not checking the box before throwing it in my cart.

benandali October 21st, 2009 02:39 PM

I have used this same test and brand a ton before and I've never seen the blue - line already there...unless my memory is fading! Now I'm all freaked out! I've used the digital ones before as well and they always were accurate. I haven't had my first post partum period yet and I haven't even ovulated yet that I know of so if you go by my chart there is no way. But then there's that little doubting voice in my head. Grrr....

LJD3Tdance October 24th, 2009 11:38 AM

have you retested or anything?

benandali October 24th, 2009 04:05 PM

Well I took the 2nd digital one I had a few days later and it still said negative. I did a little research on evap lines and I'm pretty sure that was what it was because you could only see the line if I held the test a certain way, and it didn't really look like the rest of the dye did....it looked like a teeny thread in there. I dunno! I'm just going w/ negative! I have no other symptoms now...I think it was a tummy upset lol!

LJD3Tdance October 24th, 2009 06:34 PM

Yeah that sounds negative to me actually.