JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Natural Family Planning and FAM (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f222-natural-family-planning-and-fam/)
-   -   Question for Shawna, or for whoever really (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f222-natural-family-planning-and-fam/1751325-question-for-shawna-for-whoever-really.html)

*1Boy1Girl* October 26th, 2009 04:01 PM

Question for Shawna, or for whoever really

Why is it that the software is saying I'm infertile when I haven't even ovulated yet. I think there is a pretty good potential for this ovulation attempt as I did have a temp above my CL, but I'm just confused as to why it assumed that I ovulated when my temps were still low.

Any answers?

ShawnaCAN October 26th, 2009 05:07 PM

Re: Question for Shawna, or for whoever really

Good question! I have no idea why your chart has you marked as infertile. It's been awhile since I tinkered with Ovusoft, are there different settings for TTA or TTC? Or ways to make it consider just CM or just temps?

*1Boy1Girl* October 27th, 2009 06:49 AM

I have it down as looking at CM and Temps to determine ovulation. On the analysis that comes up when I open the program it says this:

You are in the post-ovulatory infertile phase of your cycle. While TCOYF is unable to identify ovulation and post-ovulatory infertility in this cycle using the data provided, based upon an analysis of your own cycle history, it is likely that you are now infertile. TCOYF will continue to monitor your fertility signs for indications that ovulation has occurred and will change this analysis, if required.

So, maybe after it sees that I've ovulated this attempt, it will change it. It looks like I actually did it since I had a nice temp jump this morning.

ShawnaCAN October 27th, 2009 07:09 AM

based upon an analysis of your own cycle history, it is likely...

Ok, looks like it's tossing a little bit Rhythm/Calender in there just for fun. I didn't realize Ovusoft used cycle history as part of it's analysis, but that would explain the occasional strange interpretation I've seen. Good thing you know how to read your own charts and were able to catch that!

geogeek October 27th, 2009 08:25 PM

Ovusoft did that to me a while ago. There is an option that you can say not to have ovulation be calculated before a specific date. That is how I combated mine. Mostly I use it to keep a record. I do the interpretations myself.

LJD3Tdance October 29th, 2009 05:38 PM

It must have made a baby with fertility friend for that one...lol