JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Natural Family Planning and FAM (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f222-natural-family-planning-and-fam/)
-   -   PCOS and Long LP (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f222-natural-family-planning-and-fam/1764497-pcos-and-long-lp.html)

jwalk November 7th, 2009 08:07 AM

PCOS and Long LP

Anyone know anything about pcos and long LP? This month, I O'ed on CD 17 (DEF. EWCM that disappeared the next day and never returned). I'm on CD 38, and no AF yet. I've taken a FRER test (a few to be exact) and all BFN. When I got pregnant with Gianna, I knew right away, and had dizziness in the mornings way before AF was due. (I was on Metformin when I got pregnant with her).

I checked out my charts before going on Metformin, and had long cycles then as well (with long LPs)....

So I'm thinking maybe my PCOS is causing my long LPs.... what do you think???

OH and sorry about being MIA... my computer is fried, and I have to use DH's once he comes home from work. Hope everyone is well!

ShawnaCAN November 7th, 2009 08:56 AM

Re: PCOS and Long LP

If there was any BDing during the 5 mucus days before Peak or the 3 days after Peak, then pregnancy would be my first suspicion. If you go past 21 days, test again or request a blood test.

If that's not likely, there are two other possibilities. Either ovulation was incorrectly identified or it could be a LUF - Lutenized Unruptured Follicle. With PCOS, these can happen from time to time. It an egg that didn't pop all the way through the ovary so it turns into a cyst. CM-wise, the Peak will usually look pretty normal - sometimes the dry up is not as drastic, but that's about it. The cyst produces just enough progesterone to keep AF and a long LP is typical with these, but no longer than 21 days.

Are you working with a teacher? It might good to go over the actual chart with someone to see what's going on.

jwalk November 7th, 2009 09:01 AM

We didnt BD from CD 6- CD 23, so I dont think i'm pregnant... I think its just PCOS rearing its ugly head again lol. I'm thinking about getting back on Metformin when I see my doctor next month.

Thanks for the reply Shawna! I'll keep you guys posted!

ShawnaCAN November 7th, 2009 09:12 AM

Do keep us posted!

LJD3Tdance November 10th, 2009 05:17 PM

Idk much about PCOS other than what I've learned from JM, but I do know, and I kid you not, I once had a 28 day leutal phase!!! Followed by every luetal phase I've had since then being 12 days exactly...

jwalk November 10th, 2009 07:11 PM

So, AF showed up tonight (THANK GOD!) We do want more kids, but not quite just yet... not to mention, I just had a MMR about a month ago and was so scared that I was pregnant and had hurt the baby because of it...

I think I'm going to start taking my BBT again... because of my PCOS, I think the double checking with CM and BBT will help.

SavaAngel November 10th, 2009 08:16 PM

Glad you have a final answer. I have PCOS but fairly regular cycles.