JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Natural Family Planning and FAM (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f222-natural-family-planning-and-fam/)
-   -   how do you get started? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f222-natural-family-planning-and-fam/1786304-how-do-you-get-started.html)

mommy_tu_2 November 28th, 2009 09:09 AM

how do you get started?

my baby is 5 weeks old and exlusively bf. and i am still having PP bleeding

i read in one of the links the requirements for bf to work alone and I am getting pretty close to the 52 day mark (i think its 52?) and im still bleeding, so i think ill need to chart.....how do i start????

i have read all of the sticky info, and i get the concept, i just dont know how to acutally start! lol

ShawnaCAN November 28th, 2009 09:26 AM

Re: how do you get started?

It depends which form of NFP you want to use. Each one has different ways of charting (different ways of observing and classifying mucus especially).

If you meet the 3 conditions for LAM though (bleeding past day 56 excludes you), you can wait and being charting once you no longer meet the conditions anymore. LIke if you pump or supplement, or have spotting/bleeding, or reach the 6 month mark.

Are you at all interested in one of the online or long distance courses so you can have a teacher for support?

mommy_tu_2 November 30th, 2009 11:25 AM

yes i would like to do one of the online ones. i meet the requirements right now but im nervous about that 56 day mark. my 6 week appt is fri and i know she will ask about BC so I want to be able to tell her my plan not just "well once that 56 days comes up we will see" you know? lol

ShawnaCAN November 30th, 2009 12:10 PM

For sure! Good luck on Friday!

benandali November 30th, 2009 06:40 PM

I exclusively BF....(well I did start pumping around 3 weeks but only once or twice a week) anyway, I bled until 8 1/2 weeks. Yuck! But the online course was great! And I started when i started pumping which was about 3 weeks in. So my chart was one big sea of red for a while but it got me used to charting and such. Good luck at your appointment.

SavaAngel December 1st, 2009 03:43 PM

I never could do LAM, so I have no clue about that. I did the Billings Ovulation Method Online when AJ was 7 months old and getting about one bottle of formula a day.

WOOMB Home Page

mommy_tu_2 December 2nd, 2009 04:43 AM

ok so i went to the BOM sight and started a chart, ill have to wait to sign up for the instruction though bc i dont have any money :/ but i read the info and i think i can handle it atleast long enough to catch back up on bills and be able to pay for the instruction. ill probably have a lot of questions though, lol

ShawnaCAN December 2nd, 2009 07:28 AM

Oh, don't worry about money. They'll still teach you if you can't afford the fees right now. If you are satisfied with the help they give you, you can always make a donation to Woomb later when you're able.

From the website, at the end of the paragraph about the fees.
Fees will be waived in the case of hardship.

mommy_tu_2 December 3rd, 2009 01:59 PM

do you know how to let them know that i cant afford it now? bc when i click on the button to get help from an instructor it gives the page to pay. i saw that on the first page but i never saw anything else about it

ShawnaCAN December 3rd, 2009 02:26 PM

Just send them a message here and explain.

Your email

SavaAngel December 3rd, 2009 04:40 PM

I couldn't afford their fees when I started learning. I guess after 6 months or so they needed payment or I could no longer have the help of the instructor. I paid $75 and I am good for life.

mommy_tu_2 December 3rd, 2009 04:57 PM

ok i did thank you

Quote:

Originally Posted by SavaAngel (Post 18178400)
I couldn't afford their fees when I started learning. I guess after 6 months or so they needed payment or I could no longer have the help of the instructor. I paid $75 and I am good for life.

i told them i woud pay as soon as his work catches up, and explained how he missed work and stuff. i dont mind paying at all, we just dont have the money.