JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Natural Family Planning and FAM (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f222-natural-family-planning-and-fam/)
-   -   NEW Who We Are Thread (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f222-natural-family-planning-and-fam/2298579-new-who-we-thread.html)

LJD3Tdance April 8th, 2011 07:29 PM

NEW Who We Are Thread

I'm going to do a sticky swap once people have had a chance to refill this out!

Name:
Method of choice:
Why NFP or FAM?
TTC or TTA?
Care to share your chart?

MeggysMommy April 10th, 2011 06:49 AM

Re: NEW Who We Are Thread

Name: Caylynne
Method of choice: FAM
Why NFP or FAM? DH will always do pull n pray just be double protect us and I chart
TTC or TTA? TTA
Care to share your chart? There is a link in my siggy :)

LJD3Tdance April 10th, 2011 05:29 PM

Name: Christen
Method of choice: BOM
Why NFP or FAM? I'm Catholic, so it's a moral choice for me.
TTC or TTA? TTA, getting my marriage validated soon and really after that Idk, maybe NTNP a lot sooner than I said, but claiming I'm waiting til Dec 2012!
Care to share your chart? Mine I have to actually screen shot, so no.

Sk8ermaiden April 11th, 2011 12:12 AM

Name: Kellie
Method of choice: FAM / Sympto-thermal
Why NFP or FAM? Before I started charting, sometimes I would look up and say, "Gee, I don't even remember when the last time I had a period was. I should go buy a pregnancy test." I'm an info-a-holic and the insight charting gives me into my long and very irregular cycles is awesome. I can't remember to take a pill daily, and the ring made me insane, soooo.....
TTC or TTA? TTA for 7.5 more months
Care to share your chart? Sk8ermaiden - TCOYF

Lolly13 April 11th, 2011 11:55 AM

Name: Larie
Method of choice: CCL's STM
Why NFP or FAM? Also Catholic
TTC or TTA? TTA
Care to share your chart? TCOYF

geogeek April 11th, 2011 05:26 PM

Name: Rachel
Method of choice: TCOYF STM
Why NFP or FAM? Bad reactions to hormonal birth control
TTC or TTA? Pregnant
Care to share your chart? I will share after baby comes.

Spero April 26th, 2011 02:50 PM

Name: Kat
Method of choice: Creighton (similar to Billings)
Why NFP or FAM? Catholic
TTC or TTA? TTC!
Care to share your chart? It's in my siggy, but I just recently started charting temps for fun :)

K.A.T April 27th, 2011 07:28 AM

Name: Liz
Method of choice: Going to BOM to make it official. Decided to go with TCOYF & FF to monitor temps and CM. I'm finding it hard to find something that works great for me so I'm combining a few things for now.
Why NFP or FAM? I have endo and I'm done with hormonal bc. I would love to be fixed but don't have the time nor money right now for that and my doc refused to give me a hyster cause he thinks I'm too young.
TTC or TTA? TTA
Care to share your chart? Noting official really. I use my monthly cycles to keep track of my cycles and I started with FF again recently to help a friend figure out the charting software, again I only use it to keep track of my cycles.
ETA: Charts
TCOYF
FF

ShawnaCAN April 30th, 2011 12:48 PM

Name: Shawna
Method of choice: Billings Ovulation Method. Have had training and used STM and Creighton in the past.
Why NFP or FAM? Because it's free of health risks and we're both Catholic.
TTC or TTA? N/A

rebecca0217 June 10th, 2011 01:01 PM

Name: Rebecca
Method of choice: I have tried the NFP method from the CCL's book coupled with the ovacue monitor.
Why NFP or FAM? We are catholic and even if we weren't I do not like the idea of ABC.
TTC or TTA? Once baby comes we will be tta until he is around 18 months old.
Care to share your chart: I would if I had one! But once LO is born and AF comes back I will.

4hearts June 23rd, 2011 11:09 AM

Name: Rebecca
Method of choice: Not set on that. For now it's extended BFing, and the occasional spermicide.
Why NFP or FAM? We don't like BC pills bc it just seems so unnatural and anyways, I'm bad about missing pills. Don't like the spermicide either but until I get my PPAF I have no idea when I will ovulate and we haven't got around to purchasing a fertility monitor (as suggested by my doc)
TTC or TTA? TTA until Jan 2014
Care to share your chart? Sure, when I get my PPAF I will def be charting again :)

american-leanings July 18th, 2011 12:58 PM

Not sure that I belong here, but I got absolutely no comment on the BC board, so here I go!

Name: Tabitha

Method of choice: FAM, I think? At least, that sounds the closest of the different methods.

Why NFP or FAM? Basically we're WTTC (for financial reasons) and I don't do well on hormonal BC. We've been using withdrawal exclusively for five months and it's been working great so far. I'm pretty aware of my body, but we don't make a distinction over fertile or infertile times, preferring the safer course and just doing withdrawal.

TTC or TTA? WTTC, so I guess TTA?

Care to share your chart? I haven't got a chart. Don't check CM or temps or anything like that. See above.

HeartHelloKitty August 3rd, 2011 10:34 AM

Name: Diana
Method of Choice TCOYF sympto-thermal
Why NFP or FAM? I like being aware of what my body is doing.
TTC or TTA? TTC

Chart link in my siggy.

plan4fate October 7th, 2011 03:49 PM

Name: Ashley
Why NFP or FAM? Unable to get the birth control I need in the US with out seeing a gyno.
TTC or TTA? TTA
Care to share your chart? Tithen - TCOYF

Niamh ૐ October 18th, 2011 10:20 AM

Name: Niamh
Why NFP or FAM? We used FAM (with a diaphragm during fertile phase) and LAM to TTA for 18 months because, well I prefer to do things naturally if it's just as safe and effective as unnatural and hormonal methods. I'm also a bit of an environmentalist and don't care for the trash that condoms produce, plus the hormones from HBC getting into our water supply. Also, I'm no longer comfortable with artificial hormones being pumped through my body on a continuous basis... nor am I comfortable with anything being "implanted" inside my body.
TTC or TTA? started TTC in Sept/Oct 2011, got my BFP in Nov 2011!
Care to share your chart? Niamh Dhabolt's FAM Charts

possiblymaybe December 20th, 2011 06:09 PM

Name: Cheyenne
Why NFP or FAM? What got me into it was actually Niamh! When I was a bit younger, mind you. I still haven't really gotten the hang of it! The reason we decided it was right for us, though, was that a) It seems like the most effective way to figure out when I'm ovulating and b) it helps me to avoid the chemicals in birth control, which, frankly, scare me to death. Most forms of birth control, in fact, really make me uneasy!
TTC or TTA? TTC!
Care to share your chart? I will as soon as I get one up online! I'm still on paper :o

Niamh ૐ December 20th, 2011 06:21 PM

Chey! Glad to see you here! :wub:

Shades of Grey January 1st, 2012 07:22 AM

Name: Ashleigh
Why NFP or FAM? I don't do well on hormonal BC-at all
TTC or TTA? TTA for now ;)
Care to share your chart? Sure, its in my siggy.

bellabri287 January 2nd, 2012 11:03 AM

Name: Brianna
Why NFP or FAM? I bought Taking Charge of Your Fertility, so I am following that method of FAM right now. I was on BCP for 6 years prior and decided to stop because it gave me problems in the bedroom ;) and we are planning to TTC in June 2012, so I need to regulate. I was also paranoid I don't O... ever... thankfully I busted that one for this past cycle! LOL :)
TTC or TTA? TTA now!
Care to share your chart? In my siggy!

Elena Iuliana January 16th, 2012 05:25 AM

Hey I need to know what TTC and the other term mean! Please help me with a fast answer! Thank you!:p