JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Natural Family Planning and FAM (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f222-natural-family-planning-and-fam/)
-   -   Which have you used... (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f222-natural-family-planning-and-fam/2361957-have-you-used.html)

LJD3Tdance June 29th, 2011 11:03 PM

Which have you used...

Poll upcoming, multiple selections allowed...

ShawnaCAN June 29th, 2011 11:50 PM

Re: Which have you used...

BOM, Creighton, and a sympto thermal method called Serena. Nothing else.

LJD3Tdance June 30th, 2011 12:00 AM

Yeah, I decided to leave out the other for things I forgot cuz I decided there could be a million others and that wouldn't tell anything out. I clicked the 3 that fit me from the list I used, all were forms of NFP :)

IAmMomMomIAm June 30th, 2011 07:36 AM

I've used hormonal birth control in the past, but it's really just not for me. We are more FAM than NFP, because I rarely manage to sustain during ovulation, because that's when I'm.. you know... the most interested... ;) But I'm not against birth control religiously or anything so it doesn't matter to me.

geogeek June 30th, 2011 07:36 AM

I have used BCP, FAM of some sort, condoms, BC shot, and monitors of some kind. Some of those were for studies.

K.A.T June 30th, 2011 10:00 AM

I've used hormonal bc for years and now I'm doing natural things.

luvHim June 30th, 2011 12:00 PM

What is BOM?

ShawnaCAN June 30th, 2011 01:04 PM

The Billings Ovulation Method. Charts look like this: http://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.just...a7b44a6bcc.jpg

THE angry uterus June 30th, 2011 01:06 PM

Ever since Shawna posted the Marquette link I've been very interesting in it. This cycle I was dry with almost no sensations to indicate upcoming O, then I got a 'surprise' thermal shift. If I didn't abstain 'just in case' then we probably would have DTD and we'd be knocked up. I think I would like to add a fertility monitor in there at some point after next baby. (That and I love techonology and I think they are cool! :lol:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShawnaCAN (Post 24268655)
The Billings Ovulation Method. Charts look like this: http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c3...ormalRules.jpg

Unless you're like me, then you just get white baby after white baby! :lol:

ShawnaCAN June 30th, 2011 01:13 PM

Two things here. First is that "almost no sensations" is not dry though. Any sensation is an indication of fertility, unless it's been established as part of your BIP.

Second thing is that if you ovulate without any CM at all, conception is not possible. It's an infertile cycle. The CM is what tells you that the plug has left the cervix, sperm can enter. If there's no CM, the plug remains in place and the sperm can't get through even if you release the best darn egg in the world.

Marquette is a neat option though. It hasn't been studied extensively yet and uses from Rhythm method calculations to determine when to start testing (doesn't account for the possibility of ovulating earlier than that), but if you ignore those and test during the entire cycle rather than on a particular cycle day - that would probably give you enough notice of impending fertility.

THE angry uterus June 30th, 2011 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShawnaCAN (Post 24268735)
Two things here. First is that "almost no sensations" is not dry though. Any sensation is an indication of fertility, unless it's been established as part of your BIP.

Okay, fine. I had NO sensation except a sticky sensation the day of or before O. I had a damp sensation yesterday, and I think that was about it on sensations. :/ My temps are dropping fairly fast though, so it must have been a bad O.

Sk8ermaiden June 30th, 2011 06:42 PM

Pill, ring, and sympto-thermal (sometimes only thermal), and LAM

ShawnaCAN June 30th, 2011 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THE angry uterus (Post 24269173)
Okay, fine. I had NO sensation except a sticky sensation the day of or before O. I had a damp sensation yesterday, and I think that was about it on sensations. :/ My temps are dropping fairly fast though, so it must have been a bad O.

That's like saying "I had NO cookies except one little oreo." A sensation is a sensation, sticky included! But yeah, not enough for Peak, which is consistent with a bum ovulation.

THE angry uterus June 30th, 2011 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShawnaCAN (Post 24271331)
That's like saying "I had NO cookies except one little oreo." A sensation is a sensation, sticky included! But yeah, not enough for Peak, which is consistent with a bum ovulation.

You mean oreo's count?! lol

ShawnaCAN July 1st, 2011 12:17 AM

LOL!

LJD3Tdance July 1st, 2011 02:13 AM

Why would oreos count? :lol: Man though Mrs. H, you and I need to like trade bodies for a day, I'd love a day of no sensation... :lol:

THE angry uterus July 1st, 2011 06:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LJD3Tdance (Post 24273121)
Why would oreos count? :lol: Man though Mrs. H, you and I need to like trade bodies for a day, I'd love a day of no sensation... :lol:

lol Sure, when I am ready to start TTC, we could trade for a whole CYCLE! ;D

booboobunny July 1st, 2011 09:46 AM

i also used spermacide (i think the film strips) when i was up in the air about what BC i wanted to take

stefie94 January 16th, 2012 12:56 AM

The Pill and Condoms.

Niamh ૐ January 16th, 2012 09:34 AM

BCP, condoms, barrier (diaphragm), FAM (sympto-thermal), and IUD (which I forgot to check on the poll).

That's not in order, btw LOL