JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Natural Family Planning and FAM (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f222-natural-family-planning-and-fam/)
-   -   Which charting software do you trust more? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f222-natural-family-planning-and-fam/2364196-charting-software-do-you-trust-more.html)

K.A.T July 3rd, 2011 10:07 AM

Which charting software do you trust more?

FF or TCOYF?

I've been using both and I like that tcoyf offers so much more than FF. Right now I have two different O dates according to each software, FF at cd14 and TCOYF at cd12. I'm thinking tcoyf is correct because FF first had my O date at cd12 with dotted cross hairs then changed it to solid cross hairs at cd14 with the rest of my temps. I also wonder how accurate are my temps since reading Shawna explain how sleeping with an open mouth can have an effect on your temps. I'm just glad I got O dates this month with both, last month was strange with temps.

THE angry uterus July 3rd, 2011 12:34 PM

Re: Which charting software do you trust more?

Hands down TCOYF. FF is just far too often incorrect with O and changes O dates too often.

blessdmommy July 3rd, 2011 02:06 PM

Yeah I like TCOYF better. I've been using both as well and FF changes my O date all the time from one day to the next. It also changes depending upon the type you use (Advanced, FAM,...).

ShawnaCAN July 3rd, 2011 08:49 PM

TCOYF for sure. All the way. It's based on actual science and studies on fertility. FF is based on some science plus some wacky calculations from outer space. As a result of that, the interpretations are often inaccurate. FF is definitely not recommended for TTA, it evens says so.

THE angry uterus July 4th, 2011 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShawnaCAN (Post 24288995)
plus some wacky calculations from outer space.

So that's how they come up with O! I often wonder since their 'coverline' always has temps above it and they just often do NOT make sense anyway! Outer space... Its all becoming clear now!

booboobunny July 4th, 2011 09:22 AM

Tcoyf !

LJD3Tdance July 4th, 2011 02:27 PM

Never, FF over like anything.

Sk8ermaiden July 4th, 2011 05:21 PM

Yeah, TCOYF is way better, but it is really important to know what you're doing WITHOUT the software telling you. As much as I like it, it isn't infallible by a long shot and sometimes you will have to tinker with the settings to get the right results - but you only know you need to do that if you already know what it should say.

ShawnaCAN July 4th, 2011 05:25 PM

but it is really important to know what you're doing WITHOUT the software telling you.

YES!!! There is no charting program that is an adequate substitute for knowing how to read and interpret your own chart!

THE angry uterus July 4th, 2011 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sk8ermaiden (Post 24293778)
Yeah, TCOYF is way better, but it is really important to know what you're doing WITHOUT the software telling you. As much as I like it, it isn't infallible by a long shot and sometimes you will have to tinker with the settings to get the right results - but you only know you need to do that if you already know what it should say.

Very nicely put!! I think the software helps to learn what you are looking for, but you definately need to know how to do it and interpret it without the software!

MauMama July 4th, 2011 08:09 PM

TCOYF for me. I don't temp and just rely on cervical fluid and TCOYF has always been right on target with me. I use Linux now and can't use the software so I just use FF as a CF counter/chart.

I get recurrent fevers, so my temps would be insane for FF and it'd probably crash and implode.

K.A.T July 5th, 2011 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShawnaCAN (Post 24288995)
TCOYF for sure. All the way. It's based on actual science and studies on fertility. FF is based on some science plus some wacky calculations from outer space. As a result of that, the interpretations are often inaccurate. FF is definitely not recommended for TTA, it evens says so.

Yeah, I know not to use them for TTA, that's why I moved over to TCOYF. I had only re joined FF to help my friend who was TTC understand it better. I'm sticking to TCOYF from now on.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sk8ermaiden (Post 24293778)

Yeah, I'm noticing that I have to adjust the chart settings to get the best results. Last month I had to go off of CM alone, this month I got my O date going off of both. It's been a while since I charted so I don't remember everything, but I do feel I recall enough.

Thank you ladies.

LJD3Tdance July 21st, 2011 12:38 PM

Are you still charting now that your status is changing?

K.A.T July 21st, 2011 01:53 PM

Yeah I am so that I can know what's going on. I started charting in order to better know my body, so I'll keep with it for that reason alone. I guess my status is more TTC, I'm just not being active about it. Like no OPKs and I'm not going to rush to BD because I think I'm O'n. My plan is to just be natural and let nature take it's course if it's in the cards for us or not.

THE angry uterus July 21st, 2011 08:10 PM

lmao, Liz, that is awesome. Love the FF ticker with the TCOYF chart link! :rofl:

K.A.T July 22nd, 2011 07:08 AM

I wanted to be able to show my cycle days but link to the good chart. I know how to tweak codes. :giggle:

LJD3Tdance July 22nd, 2011 07:13 PM

hehe, very cute, I like it :)