JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Natural Family Planning and FAM (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f222-natural-family-planning-and-fam/)
-   -   Do you know? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f222-natural-family-planning-and-fam/2536134-do-you-know.html)

LJD3Tdance June 6th, 2012 04:16 PM

Do you know?

Can you tell how close to ovulation you were when you dtd that conceived your kids, or were there too many options to choose from?

If you can, do the rules for conceiving a specific gender work for you?

rlh27 June 6th, 2012 04:28 PM

Re: Do you know?

We DTD day before, day of, and day after O, so I can't pinpoint, but those are all boy days. Mommy instinct says this is a little boy I'm baking, and I'll be anxious to see if I'm right and the gender sway rules worked for me. End of July could not come soon enough!

ShawnaCAN June 6th, 2012 04:32 PM

With the girls, there's more than one time to choose from. With the boys, I know exactly which day and it doesn't follow the gender tips AT ALL. All of them were conceived from DTD 3-6 days before O.

LiamsMother June 6th, 2012 07:58 PM

With our 2nd pregnancy, the one that we lost, we dtd the day of and the day after ovulation, which would mean boy but we conceived a girl.

MeggysMommy June 6th, 2012 10:45 PM

I believe we DTD like 3-4 days before O and then 2 days before so I guess it could have gone either way? What are the gender sway rules?

plan4fate June 6th, 2012 11:34 PM

Only one I can exact pinpoint were the twins because they were a condom mishap. I had normal 28 day cycles and I remember being extremely wet the day we had the oops (cd24), but we'd had to use lube the few days prior. I had bleeding on cd 28, and a bfp 5 days later (was too scared to test).

And since they were boys... I think that does work out?

LJD3Tdance June 7th, 2012 07:36 PM

I'm not sure I know the gender tips, but I believe boy is closer to o then girl? Idk? Anyway, I don't know at all with Rock or Courtney. With Amber I could figure it out if I had to, but I don't know. For LJ I know it was the day after peak and with Terra I know it was like 3 to 5 days before peak. So does that fit the gender stuff?

ShawnaCAN June 7th, 2012 07:48 PM

For a boy, the theory is to DTD as close to Peak as possible - yes. For a girl, to DTD during the early stages of fertility...farther away from Peak. I think our record shows the exact opposite!

LJD3Tdance June 7th, 2012 07:56 PM

Well, my record for the two I know about works, but I don't know about 3 of 5 so :lol: No way I could possibly know for Rock...he's an R&R baby :lol: