JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Natural Family Planning and FAM (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f222-natural-family-planning-and-fam/)
-   -   Friends TTC (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f222-natural-family-planning-and-fam/2537007-friends-ttc.html)

LJD3Tdance June 8th, 2012 06:49 PM

Friends TTC

Do you have friends who are TTC and talk to you about it and you think to yourself that if they knew NFP/FAM rules they might have more luck cuz they seem to be stuck on stuff like "day 14"?

MeggysMommy June 8th, 2012 07:29 PM

Re: Friends TTC

My SIL is the only one I know ttc and sometimes it does seem that they just do the "day 14" rule.

plan4fate June 8th, 2012 08:47 PM

No one outside of JM knows we are ttc.

And none of my irl friends are the type to really talk about their "road to baby" stuff. Buncha weirdos. lol

breathing for two June 9th, 2012 07:42 AM

I lent a friend of mine TCOYF. She has irregular cycles and had a bad experience with BC. She's on and off about TTCing, but she occasionally tries.

ShawnaCAN June 9th, 2012 10:30 PM

Yes, but then I just say. "Did you know I teach classes on how to track your fertility so you can boost your chances of conception? You should come to one!" LOL

June87 June 9th, 2012 10:49 PM

Yup, a friend of mine was like that, until I told her about my experience with the docs. They kept telling me that my cycles were off, that something was wrong, yadda yadda.
and when I finally quit using NuvaRing and the like, which I had been instructed to do in order to "set my cycles straight" :rolleyes: I started getting into FAM.
And I found out that I did have regular cycles, even though they always were about 38 days in length and that I would rarely ovulate before day 27, usually later than that. So, trying to get pregnant around day 14 would be a really stupid idea in my case.

She was a little stunned and then gave it a try, finding out that she was about 5 days off when trying to get pregnant. About two cycles into FAM she finally achieved her goal :p

LJD3Tdance June 10th, 2012 05:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by plan4fate (Post 26142638)
No one outside of JM knows we are ttc.

And none of my irl friends are the type to really talk about their "road to baby" stuff. Buncha weirdos. lol

:lol: A big reason the people I'm "friends" with talk about it with me, is a lot of my "talking" is done via text, and a lot of the people I text with...I met online. (Like here.)

Keakie June 10th, 2012 07:42 AM

I don't think I have any friends (other than JM ladies) who are actively trying. In my closest circle, two have already had babies within the last year, we're waiting, another handful are waiting until later this year or next year (or later, for a couple) and the others are single. :chin: They all know I'm going the FAM route for both tta and eventually ttc, so maybe when the time comes and if they're having issues, I can offer some help.

plan4fate June 10th, 2012 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LJD3Tdance (Post 26145970)
:lol: A big reason the people I'm "friends" with talk about it with me, is a lot of my "talking" is done via text, and a lot of the people I text with...I met online. (Like here.)

No one texts me these days, but most of the people I talk to are my JM friends. My IRL friends seem to think that they can just sit back and wait for me to talk to them... around 9th grade I stopped being the only one to make an effort since to outsiders, it makes me look desperate.

LJD3Tdance June 10th, 2012 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by plan4fate (Post 26147120)
No one texts me these days, but most of the people I talk to are my JM friends. My IRL friends seem to think that they can just sit back and wait for me to talk to them... around 9th grade I stopped being the only one to make an effort since to outsiders, it makes me look desperate.

I don't mind sometimes being the only one who makes an effort, because a lot of the time I can tell, they want to make an effort, but if it continues forever, I get over it...

jhmomofmany June 10th, 2012 06:25 PM

The only friends I know about who are maybe TTC or at least NTNP already have four children under five... they seem to know what they're doing. :lol:

bellabri287 June 11th, 2012 07:52 PM

I have no friends TTC. :( Most are not even close to that stage of life. Boohoo. My mom and MIL kind of know we are TTC, I don't think they realize I want a baby as much as I do.

LiamsMother June 11th, 2012 09:19 PM

I have friends that are trying and are more of the "let it happen when it happens type." She did try opk's for a couple of cycles but found that to be too stressful. I'm the opposite. When I have a goal, I like to achieve it. I don't want to wait until it eventually happens. DH and I have sex less often when we're trying to get pregnant and that frustrates me sometimes. I'm glad it hasn't taken us long to conceive with all of our pregnancies, otherwise I would've gone insane.

LJD3Tdance June 12th, 2012 01:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bellabri287 (Post 26153017)
I have no friends TTC. :( Most are not even close to that stage of life. Boohoo. My mom and MIL kind of know we are TTC, I don't think they realize I want a baby as much as I do.

See my friends are all just getting to this stage of life, and I'm just leaving it. No more TTC for me.