JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Natural Family Planning and FAM (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f222-natural-family-planning-and-fam/)
-   -   Weight loss (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f222-natural-family-planning-and-fam/2542356-weight-loss.html)

LJD3Tdance June 23rd, 2012 05:02 PM

Weight loss

Anybody working on weight loss right now in our group?

bellasky June 23rd, 2012 05:25 PM

Re: Weight loss

New to this board and to NFP but I am working out to try to get in shape for conceiving. Right now I'm working on Jillian Michael's 30-day Shred.

sugarloafbaby June 23rd, 2012 06:02 PM

I am - still need to lose around 5lbs or so to get back to my prepregnancy weight. I need to start exercising some more and doing something to really get it off, but I have been a slacker, lol, since I am losing slowly still with breastfeeding.

plan4fate June 23rd, 2012 08:13 PM

I am. There was a broken window at the pool this week so we cant start til this week. But we are eating well in the meantime. I'm down over a half pound so far. Only...80ish to go!!

ShawnaCAN June 23rd, 2012 08:43 PM

Not losing right now, but trying to stsy as active as I can as long as possible. Still running 1 - 3 times a week.

bellasky June 24th, 2012 04:32 AM

I want to lose about 15 pounds. I'm 4ft 9 and I weight 125 right now which according to my BMI means that I'm overweight. I'm carrying it all in my belly and my thighs.

jhmomofmany June 24th, 2012 03:08 PM

Well, I WAS but obviously that's not my goal now. I'm actually within normal weight range for my height... at the top of the range, but in there. ;)

BTW, for those that don't already know... there is a weightloss and fitness board here at JM. It hasn't been as active as it could be. Would be great for that to change!

rlh27 June 24th, 2012 05:52 PM

I'm not trying, but I've lost 10 lbs so far this pregnancy, and since my nausea hasn't let up one bit, I don't think that's going to change any time soon. What's crazy is that I'm starting to show, so obviously the baby is growing just fine. I'm also trying to stay active by going on walks/runs when it's not too hot and doing yoga and/or aerobics when it is too hot.

LJD3Tdance June 29th, 2012 03:36 AM

I am now. 10lbs til pre-Terra weight, and that's my first goal, a long way after that, but just trying to focus on that right now.

HippyMomOf4 July 1st, 2012 07:59 AM

I've been working on loosing weight. The past month I lost 8lbs just by diet change and no longer eating any fast food or processed food. I have a goal weight to be 130lbs, so only need to loose 9 more:)

LJD3Tdance July 2nd, 2012 02:58 AM

Wow 8lbs in a month! I wish! I'm weighing myself every 2 weeks currently (twice since postpartum), hoping I lost something by a week from today.

rlh27 July 2nd, 2012 07:31 AM

Somewhat related, but I am just dying to get out for a jog, but even at 4AM it's been too hot here :( I mean, I like my indoor workout videos, but I'd like to get outside and enjoy the scenery. *sigh* I guess that's what I get for living in Alabama

Quote:

Originally Posted by LJD3Tdance (Post 26229285)
Wow 8lbs in a month! I wish! I'm weighing myself every 2 weeks currently (twice since postpartum), hoping I lost something by a week from today.

Good luck! I bet you'll be down to pre-Terra weight in no time

LJD3Tdance July 3rd, 2012 01:44 AM

Thankfully it is cool enough, not cool now, but cool enough for a nightly walk here right now.

My pre-Terra weight is a long ways from my final goal, but baby steps.

breathing for two July 3rd, 2012 06:00 AM

I'm less trying to lose weight and more trying to make permanent positive changes.

rlh27 July 3rd, 2012 08:04 AM

A great weight loss tool that I've used in the past is myfitnesspal.com You put in what you eat, and what you do for exercise, and it will tell you if you go over your calories. I like it because I'm the one in charge of my eating chooses, and it always helped me to see how those little bites of whatever were adding up. I also liked how at the end of the day it would say something like "if every day were like today, you'd weigh ________ in 5 weeks". It made me feel good to see my hard work wasn't in vain. I don't know if it'd work with nursing, though, because you automatically need more calories then.

LJD3Tdance July 3rd, 2012 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by breathing for two (Post 26233343)
I'm less trying to lose weight and more trying to make permanent positive changes.

Yeah I'm trying to make permanent changes to get the weight off. Like I've added a nightly walk, I'm hoping that will be a permanent thing, though winter weather...we'll see.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rlh27 (Post 26233853)
A great weight loss tool that I've used in the past is myfitnesspal.com You put in what you eat, and what you do for exercise, and it will tell you if you go over your calories. I like it because I'm the one in charge of my eating chooses, and it always helped me to see how those little bites of whatever were adding up. I also liked how at the end of the day it would say something like "if every day were like today, you'd weigh ________ in 5 weeks". It made me feel good to see my hard work wasn't in vain. I don't know if it'd work with nursing, though, because you automatically need more calories then.

I might have to check that out down the line.