JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Natural Family Planning and FAM (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f222-natural-family-planning-and-fam/)
-   -   Growing up... (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f222-natural-family-planning-and-fam/2549142-growing-up.html)

LJD3Tdance July 13th, 2012 05:34 PM

Growing up...

When you were growing up, did you think it would be easy to get pregnant, hard, or did you not think about it at all?

breathing for two July 13th, 2012 05:42 PM

Re: Growing up...

I assumed it was easy, but I didn't think about it much

bellabri287 July 13th, 2012 07:48 PM

i didnt want kids for a long time. when i did decide i wanted them, i immediately had this deep fear it would be hard to get PG or i am infertile. i still have that fear, it's why i chart. :sigh:

geogeek July 13th, 2012 07:56 PM

I don't think I thought about it much. I am sure that I figured it would be easy. It only really started to terrify me when I had been married a couple of years dealing with Depo effects and illness.

MeggysMommy July 13th, 2012 08:07 PM

I always assumed I would get pregnant really easily growing up.

LiamsMother July 13th, 2012 08:27 PM

I always thought it would be super easy. Most kids in my family aren't planned, so I always assumed that my family was hyper-fertile. I realize now that we are of normal fertility (I've gotten pregnant within 2 or 3 months after starting to try). People that don't actively try to avoid pregnancy will eventually end up with a child even though they didn't "plan" it that way.

plan4fate July 13th, 2012 08:53 PM

Easy. And until now.. it has been.

ShawnaCAN July 13th, 2012 10:29 PM

I really thought it would be tough. My cycles were a mess right from the start, so I was pretty worried something was wrong. Something is wrong, I have PCOS...but fortunately it hasn't affected our ability to conceive, as long as we BD close to ovulation. With very long cycles and late ovulation, it would probably be harder if I didn't know how to recognize when it's happening!

Babybear4 July 14th, 2012 09:56 AM

I thought it would be difficult for me, as my mother was told she could never have children and for some reason (even though she had 2, with no medical intervention to get pregnant), I always thought I would have whatever issue she was having.

It has not been hard, luckily but for some reason, I still always fear that I will be infertile the next time I am ready for a baby.

LiamsMother July 14th, 2012 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShawnaCAN (Post 26270681)
I really thought it would be tough. My cycles were a mess right from the start, so I was pretty worried something was wrong. Something is wrong, I have PCOS...but fortunately it hasn't affected our ability to conceive, as long as we BD close to ovulation. With very long cycles and late ovulation, it would probably be harder if I didn't know how to recognize when it's happening!

I had the same issue as you. I'm glad I wasn't using the calendar rhythm method, that certainly would not work for me. I had an ovarian wedge resection for the PCOS. This was over a year before we started trying for Liam. My doctor told me that without the ovarian wedge resection (and laparoscopic surgery for endometriosis), pregnancy would've been extremely difficult to achieve. I guess I'm surprised to see people with PCOS get pregnant easily.

LJD3Tdance July 15th, 2012 04:08 PM

Due to the whole my mom had troubles, I assumed it wouldn't be easy to become a mom weather that was by miscarriage or by not being able to conceive. Instead my friends that all assumed it would be easy are having a hard time, and I had no problems. Funny how the irony in life works.

rlh27 July 16th, 2012 06:51 AM

I thought it would be super easy despite my mom struggling with sub-fertility for years. I think it's from all those health classes I had to take in high school and middle school that made it sound like if you had sex once you'd probably get pregnant, even if you used protection.

2Corinthians10:4 July 18th, 2012 04:23 PM

I have an Aunt that suffered from unexplained infertility, she pretty much raised me and my brother. Growing up I was always terrified that I would not be able to have children as well.