JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Natural Family Planning and FAM (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f222-natural-family-planning-and-fam/)
-   -   CM only Charting (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f222-natural-family-planning-and-fam/2550394-cm-only-charting.html)

breathing for two July 17th, 2012 01:14 PM

CM only Charting

So my thermometer broke and I'm only charting CM this month and I'm pretty confused. I was under the impression that you would have a few stretchy days before drying up, so now I'm thinking my body geared up and failed. So hopefully someone will be be able to help.

HereToDream - TCOYF

My most plentiful day was CD-23 and things seemed to taper off a bit, but I was still having stretchy type for a couple of days after. Today it's on the upper end of creamy and yesterday I had only sticky, but with the same sensation I get with creamy.
I'm sure this is obvious to someone, but I'm a little baffled.
Thanks in advance for any help :)

plan4fate July 17th, 2012 03:23 PM

Re: CM only Charting

I usually dry up pretty quickly. I'll get 1 day post O that will still be fertile-ish, then dry up. My most recent charts wont reflect it thought since I was using cough syrup to get a little extra ewcm. lol.

I'd say you probably O'd sometime Sunday or very early Monday.

rlh27 July 17th, 2012 03:42 PM

I think the "dry up" routine varies by person. I would have peak day, one creamish day (though different from the creamy from pre-O) and then back to my sticky BIP. Sensation wise I always quickly went from slippery to not slippery, never completely dry though. If I were in your position, I'd consider myself fertile until you are peak day +4, and then follow per-ovulatory rules again until either AF shows or you are able to confirm O.

ShawnaCAN July 17th, 2012 07:04 PM

Every woman's CM patterns are unique to her, so try not to get hung up on what you think your mucus is *supposed* to do! It won't necessarily follow the examples in a textbook.

More important than stretchability, is detecting the change in sensation from slippery to no longer slippery.

breathing for two July 18th, 2012 07:13 AM

Thanks everyone :)

And just to clarify, is my peak day on CD-25, rather than the CD-27 that TCOYF choose?

rlh27 July 18th, 2012 07:45 AM

It's whatever the last day of slippery sensation was, which I guess would be CD25 for you. The TCOYF software didn't always get it right for me either.

ShawnaCAN July 18th, 2012 08:02 AM

Sorry, TCOYF doesn't tell me quite enough about the CM pattern to be sure about when your Peak was. But you know what your CM pattern was like, so you can ask yourself.....

Did the vaginal sensation develop and change for a minimum of 3 days?
Did it reach the point of feeling slippery?
Did you notice an abrupt change from feeling slippery to not feeling slippery anymore?

If YES to all 3 questions, Peak is the last day you noticed a slippery sensation.

LJD3Tdance July 18th, 2012 07:09 PM

Hope you are all cleared up :)

breathing for two July 19th, 2012 06:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShawnaCAN (Post 26285670)
Sorry, TCOYF doesn't tell me quite enough about the CM pattern to be sure about when your Peak was. But you know what your CM pattern was like, so you can ask yourself.....

Did the vaginal sensation develop and change for a minimum of 3 days?
Did it reach the point of feeling slippery?
Did you notice an abrupt change from feeling slippery to not feeling slippery anymore?

If YES to all 3 questions, Peak is the last day you noticed a slippery sensation.

Thanks so much! That helps a lot.