JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Natural Family Planning and FAM (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f222-natural-family-planning-and-fam/)
-   -   I didn't think I'd be back this soon (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f222-natural-family-planning-and-fam/2551381-i-didnt-think-id-back-soon.html)

baabaamilker July 19th, 2012 11:58 PM

I didn't think I'd be back this soon

Just thought I would give you all an update. After two miscarriages we had decided to try to wait a couple of months to give my body an opportunity to get back to its "normal" self. However, I began taking vitex like I did with my last full term pregnancy and it made me ovulate way earlier than expected.

I ovulated on day 7 of my cycle. I had no clue it was coming and did not even notice EWCM until the morning after intercourse. I took a home blood test yesterday at CD 15 and it was positive. I know that this COULD be left over from the miscarriage. However, two things clue me into it being a new pregnancy. One I never had enough HCG in my blood stream to spill over into my urine with the last pregnancy, secondly, all my symptoms dissapeared with the last miscarriage but began anew. On Tuesday (7 DPO) I began cramping, the following day all my pregnancy symptoms began again.

My temperatures are crazy right now, but are just like they were after ovulation last cycle. Again, I'm on 10DPO and no temp rise above the coverline. With the extra early ovulation things really are against me this time.

Hopefully next cycle won't be so strange. CD7 ovulation is super early.

Will keep you all updated if anything besides what's ordinary for me comes up.

I also wanted to say that my older two girls, ages 13 and 15, have begun charting. I told them not to expect too much since they started not long ago. My 13 year old has been having her cycles for a year, and my 15 year old for three and a half years. So I get to not only obsess over my own chart but theirs too. What fun.

LiamsMother July 20th, 2012 04:10 AM

Re: I didn't think I'd be back this soon

I've never taken Vitex but I have ovulated around CD 7 before. When I had my miscarriage, it took two weeks to finally get a negative on an hpt. My hcg levels maxed out at 6,000 with that pregnancy. But, if your hcg levels were never high at all, then I'm guessing it's probably not left over from the previous pregnancy. Don't quote me on that. I'm not a doctor or NFP practitioner.

I think it's cool that you're girls are charting already. I learned when I was 20 but I wish I would've learned earlier. I had extremely irregular cycles and never knew when my period was coming. I loved wearing white dresses, skirts, and shorts, and it always seemed like my period came when I was wearing white, just to spite me. This would've never happened if I was charting. I would've been able to accurately know when my period was coming.

rlh27 July 20th, 2012 06:02 AM

Is it possible the blood test is giving you a false positive? Is there a way for you to get a beta done to confirm the results?

That's really great that you've taught your girls to chart! I wish I had known when AF was coming in highschool and had a better understanding of how my body worked.

baabaamilker July 20th, 2012 09:10 AM

I can't get in just yet. Since I changed my insurance so I can go off post to the German OBGYN I can only go on post on a space available basis now.

I've done this type of at home blood testing with 6-7 miscarriages now so it would be strange if I was always getting false positives. My symptoms never lie to me, and they are what usually clue me in and I let DH know it's time to test again.

Liamsmother Thanks for letting me know that someone has naturally ovulated that early. I had never heard of it. I guess the chances of creating a good healthy egg and corpus luteum would be small considering the small amount of time it had to mature, especially after a miscarriage.

and the German OBGYN is still on vacation. I wonder who is maintaining her patients and birthing them right now.

ShawnaCAN July 20th, 2012 10:10 AM

Ovulation is possible as early as day 5. Typically, the ones to ovulate that early have shorter cycles in general - but it can happen to anyone for no reason at all. Usually EWCM isn't the earliest warning of fertility, but one of the later signs. Some other sensation or type of CM usually precedes it. When ovulation is earlier than usual, the signs also begin earlier than usual.

LJD3Tdance July 21st, 2012 09:40 PM

There are home blood tests?

KUP on what happens please :D

baabaamilker July 23rd, 2012 11:50 AM

No there aren't really. My husband was a phlebotomist for 13 years, so he knows how to draw the blood and prepare it to be used as a home test. Basically you use the same test that you would use for urine but you place serum from the blood on it instead. It has been so helpful to me as I never get positive urine tests with my miscarriages. It would have been extremely frustrating having all the symptoms but not knowing for sure and I would hate to be running in every month to the clinic to be tested.

Oh, and Shawna you are right about the early signs. I had mucus mixed with my blood the last day of bleeding, then it changed to blood mixed mucus.

I don't think I've ever ovulated this early before, but then cycles for me have been few and far in between with all the children. The earliest I can remember for a cycle length would be 28 days, but I'll even go as long as 45 days.

ShawnaCAN July 23rd, 2012 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baabaamilker (Post 26305905)
Oh, and Shawna you are right about the early signs. I had mucus mixed with my blood the last day of bleeding, then it changed to blood mixed mucus.

I don't think I've ever ovulated this early before, but then cycles for me have been few and far in between with all the children. The earliest I can remember for a cycle length would be 28 days, but I'll even go as long as 45 days.

Every cycle is unique!!! That's why using the daily signs to determine fertility or infertility is much more effective than using past cycles.

rlh27 July 27th, 2012 09:01 AM

Any update?

LJD3Tdance July 28th, 2012 12:35 AM

Yeah, what's going on now?