JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Natural Family Planning and FAM (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f222-natural-family-planning-and-fam/)
-   -   What are the chances... (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f222-natural-family-planning-and-fam/2566134-what-chances.html)

MoMMy2*Vicky.Hayd.and.K* August 27th, 2012 06:27 AM

What are the chances...

I'm 3 months PP EBF with giving the very occasional bottle of pumped milk... I've been pretty much having since I stopped bleeding 3.5weeks PP patches of lots of ewcm with mostly always watery too (no dry spells) but no AF yet with o-type cramps every 2 weeks or less.. I think my body keeps trying but can't!
Anyways Friday hubby & I had an oopsie where he did not pull out. What are the chances I could get PG again this soon? (with DD I got my period back at 5.5 months)

How to u read cm while BF? Especially since it always looks fertile?

ShawnaCAN August 27th, 2012 08:29 AM

Re: What are the chances...

It really all depends if you ovulated at that time or not. Your body could continue to attempt ovulation for awhile yet before finally going through with it, or it could be any day now! It *is* possible, I've conceived at 3 months PP before while BFing - but a lot depends on how fertile you both are as well.

Many BFing Moms have infertile discharge while BFing that appears a lot like CM. To tell which is which, you observe it for 2 -3 weeks without genital contact. Keep a daily record of anything you feel at the vulva while going about your daily activities, and anything you happen to see. If a particular observation remains unchanging for 14 days in a row - that observation is infertile discharge. Any change in how it feels or looks is considered fertile.

Figuring out the PP Basic Infertile Pattern can be tricky, especially if mucus patches are starting to interrupt the unchanging pattern. Letting an instructor guide you through it step by step cuts through a lot of the confusion, so you can be confident about when you're truly fertile and when you're not during the post partum phase.

MoMMy2*Vicky.Hayd.and.K* August 27th, 2012 11:40 AM

I've gone through cm changes from creamy to watery to ewcm back to watery and then creamy but never "dry" and it's always at the time I feel o-like pains too... I just don't don't know if this cm is actually fertile or this infertile one your mentioned... Recently I tried to temp but this is occasionally since a couple of days and my temps are not high but temps that are familiar with my 2nd half of cycle if compared to my previous charts

ShawnaCAN August 27th, 2012 11:55 AM

If you're noticing a lot of changes with the CM, then your fertility is likely trying to return. There's no telling how long that will take! If you were observing the exact same CM every day, then it would likely be the infertile stuff. It's usually easier to figure that out earlier, like right after the lochia stops. Then when the fertile mucus starts happening, you know which type of mucus is infertile in between those patches. Trying to figure it out after it's already going back and forth is tough!

MoMMy2*Vicky.Hayd.and.K* August 27th, 2012 12:31 PM

Thanks so much for your information and taking the time to respond. Hoping I'm not ovulating any time soon especially since we did have an oopsie night! But regardless if it's meant to be we'll be happy with that! I wanted to NFP once I get my first PP AF since I figured it would be easier to follow...since that's what I tried in between both kiddos. I guess we'll see how I feel in a few weeks :)