JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Natural Family Planning and FAM (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f222-natural-family-planning-and-fam/)
-   -   New with a couple questions! (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f222-natural-family-planning-and-fam/2667786-new-couple-questions.html)

KiwiMommy July 24th, 2013 09:10 PM

New with a couple questions!

Ok, so I'm Kailey.. I'm 21 and my fiance and I have a 3 1/2 year old and a 13 month old. For financial reasons, we CANNOT..absolutely CANNOT have another child right now. Don't get me wrong, on the rare chance a conception happens he is completely aware I would go through with the pregnancy and we'd have a third, but it's really not a good time. He is working and I am going to college in the fall and also looking for a part time job. Once I'm out of college I will be working full time and he will be in college so we can move from our 2 bedroom condo to a house.
I tried the mirena as my birth control but after gaining a lot of weight, losing my milk supply almost completely (working on getting it back up to normal now..) and having erratic and frustrating cycles I just couldn't take it anymore.
So now we're back to square one.
I'm leaning towards condoms..but I want to consider other methods too since condoms are so pricy.
What does everyone do? How can I reliably keep track of everything. I can't temp..my son wakes up too often for me to really sleep long enough and I don't sleep much anyways. I want a reliable method. I do plan on using condoms during ovulation with whatever I decide, but other than that I'm not sure..
Anyone have a mirena before? Not sure how long until my cycle will be predictable enough to NOT use protection. :sneak: I'm lost. :confused:

THE angry uterus July 24th, 2013 11:13 PM

Re: New with a couple questions!

You might want to consider billings, or give temping a try too but focus mostly on your CM and sensation until you know if you can still temp reliably with the frequent interruptions in sleep. I still BF and I work nights but I am able to still temp. I rely more on my CM patterns though then on my temps and I have also thrown in the cheap OPKs to help me confirm O (I know, that's probably not something you want to spend $$ on). Anyway, that's what we do. Hoping for DS to start STTN soon so I too can sleep better and rely more on my temps, lol.

KiwiMommy July 28th, 2013 07:44 PM

I was considering using opks too but wasn't sure if that was trustworthy or not.

THE angry uterus August 1st, 2013 02:40 PM

I think it would depend on the method you are using. OPKs with billings would not work. OPKs can let you know if you are trying to release an egg, but not that you actually have.