JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Need Help Navigating JM? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f80-need-help-navigating-jm/)
-   -   Beta issues and feedback UPDATE post #47 (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f80-need-help-navigating-jm/1603568-beta-issues-and-feedback-update-post-47-a.html)

pattyandthemoos June 18th, 2009 02:37 PM

Beta issues and feedback UPDATE post #47

Please post any issues or feedback here.

pattyandthemoos June 18th, 2009 04:31 PM

Re: Beta issues and feedback

Just adding this to this thread to help keep track of issues.

Quote:

just one tiny issue I didn't see in your known issues. Polls that have images (ie. siggy polls) the images take up the whole area and you can't see how many votes everything has, its cut off by the stuff on the side.
I am pretty sure this is something we are working on. I will let you know what I find out.

MidgeMadge June 19th, 2009 04:38 AM

Patty, I'm not able to log in using the beta- is that known already? I have to switch back to classic in order to log in - if I go through beta it tells me all my info is wrong :) So I've gotta switch to classic, log in, and go back to beta.

pattyandthemoos June 19th, 2009 04:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erika♥Chris♥Lexi (Post 16277132)
Patty, I'm not able to log in using the beta- is that known already? I have to switch back to classic in order to log in - if I go through beta it tells me all my info is wrong :) So I've gotta switch to classic, log in, and go back to beta.

I believe this is something we are working on. I think it is part of the same issue with logging out. I will see what I can find out.

Madeline410 June 19th, 2009 05:28 AM

The only things I've noticed so far.. the title of the thread once you open it is really big. And sometimes when I click to go to the next page, the "share" menu pops up and I almost click on that instead.

Mom4Life_11 June 19th, 2009 05:36 AM

I can login but once I choose message board it goes back to Classic JM???

sunshine411 June 19th, 2009 07:14 AM

Is there a reason it only takes up some of the screen and is surrounded by the blue, thus making the forum areas even smaller? IMO this makes it very crammed together and even if you have a large screen you have no choice but to view them in a pretty small area. Its alot on the eyes to have that much text all crammed into one space.

Linz June 19th, 2009 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~MyLilFamily~ (Post 16277627)
I can login but once I choose message board it goes back to Classic JM???

are you using the little scroll menu at the bottom of the boards? on the index page, scroll all the way down and you'll see it on the bottom left. change your view from JM classic to JM beta.

there's a screen shot up in the announcements that may explain it better than i just did. :lol:
JustMommies Message Boards - Announcements in Forum : Need Help Navigating JM?

MommaTrish June 19th, 2009 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Madeline410 (Post 16277524)
The only things I've noticed so far.. the title of the thread once you open it is really big. And sometimes when I click to go to the next page, the "share" menu pops up and I almost click on that instead.

I'm currently on the classic view and I'm having that issue too, so that's not because of the Beta.

Rachel June 19th, 2009 09:30 AM

Patty, I'm noticing that the drop down menus don't open where they should. It looks like they are opening where they would if I were using the Classic View.

pattyandthemoos June 19th, 2009 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rawisner (Post 16281001)
Patty, I'm noticing that the drop down menus don't open where they should. It looks like they are opening where they would if I were using the Classic View.

I think this is just happening with FF. I noticed this earlier. We are working on it.

Mom4Life_11 June 19th, 2009 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Linz (Post 16279762)
are you using the little scroll menu at the bottom of the boards? on the index page, scroll all the way down and you'll see it on the bottom left. change your view from JM classic to JM beta.

there's a screen shot up in the announcements that may explain it better than i just did. :lol:
JustMommies Message Boards - Announcements in Forum : Need Help Navigating JM?

Thanks Linz. I really like the new look but for some reason the sponsors and stuff go over some of my pages so I cannot see my full PM messages or threads and so on???? Know anything about this?

pattyandthemoos June 19th, 2009 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~MyLilFamily~ (Post 16281682)
Thanks Linz. I really like the new look but for some reason the sponsors and stuff go over some of my pages so I cannot see my full PM messages or threads and so on???? Know anything about this?

I believe this is something we are working on. I have noticed this too. Hopefully this will be resolved soon.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erika♥Chris♥Lexi (Post 16277132)

I believe this has been fixed. Can you try clearing your cookies and cache, closing out your browser and then try to log in again.

*Sharon* June 19th, 2009 11:36 AM

When I am looking at polls the images are fine, but where the # of votes on the right side is covered by the Top Stories and advertisements.

Linz June 19th, 2009 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by *Sharon* (Post 16282698)
When I am looking at polls the images are fine, but where the # of votes on the right side is covered by the Top Stories and advertisements.

in the 1st reply of this thread, Patty said this is being worked on. :)

Mom4Life_11 June 19th, 2009 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pattyandthemoos (Post 16282161)
I believe this is something we are working on. I have noticed this too. Hopefully this will be resolved soon.

I believe this has been fixed. Can you try clearing your cookies and cache, closing out your browser and then try to log in again.

Thanks!

Nyzira June 19th, 2009 01:25 PM

It's all VERY crammed and cluttered. It *might* be better if the forum was variable width (so those of us with wider screens have more room) but there's just entirely too much going on to keep it all in a fixed width table.

And on a personal note, I'm not a fan of the blue. :p

Misty_X June 19th, 2009 01:53 PM

I do agree about the narrow format. I understand why, and I've designed sites in this format in the past too, but with the advertisments it does feel very cluttered. The advertisments without the narrow format I think would be fine, or the narrow format with no ads would too, but together it feels very awkward.

That's the only gripe I have though, the rest of the layout I love, and I love the colours too! I am sure we'll adjust to the width in time :smile: Bring on the blue :cheer: x

TeresaSuperMama June 19th, 2009 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bammers (Post 16284154)
It's all VERY crammed and cluttered. It *might* be better if the forum was variable width (so those of us with wider screens have more room) but there's just entirely too much going on to keep it all in a fixed width table.

And on a personal note, I'm not a fan of the blue. :p

Edited since I fixed my problem for now.

I forgot to add I love the new look, colors, and everything else! I think the design looks fantastic, just struggling with the tiny fonts and viewing area in a wide monitor.

Mom4Life_11 June 19th, 2009 04:01 PM

I love it and think it's going to be easy to get used to with the little things that need to be done/fixed. I love the colours. :) I do agree that the adds should be somewhere else other then on the same page as PM's and threads...JMO! :D