JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Need Help Navigating JM? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f80-need-help-navigating-jm/)
-   -   This board is overwhelming! (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f80-need-help-navigating-jm/2282024-board-overwhelming.html)

ixchel March 21st, 2011 03:12 PM

This board is overwhelming!

....to say the least!

So, I've been navigating here and there (I lurked for a few days before joining) and I have a few questions.

* Who writes the articles on the main JM site?
* How many posts will I need before I can use the "Today's Posts" button? I'm getting lost navigating the forums!
* Is this board really as massive as it seems? I posted an intro earlier today, and checked back a little bit later and my post was already getting buried under other new intros! That's pretty awesome!
*Someone told me there's an open bar somewhere around here. Is that true? :rofl:

Okay, back to reading!

Rachel March 21st, 2011 04:31 PM

Re: This board is overwhelming!

* Who writes the articles on the main JM site? We work with several different authors
* How many posts will I need before I can use the "Today's Posts" button? I'm getting lost navigating the forums! You need at least 10 posts to use any of the search features or to access chat
* Is this board really as massive as it seems? I posted an intro earlier today, and checked back a little bit later and my post was already getting buried under other new intros! That's pretty awesome! yep, lots of boards move pretty fast, especially new due date clubs!
*Someone told me there's an open bar somewhere around here. Is that true? :rofl: where?! :drink:

Welcome to JustMommies!

Misty_X March 22nd, 2011 05:14 AM

Welcome to JM! I remember feeling just as lost when I first joined. I think I had to get used to being on a forum where there were just SO many different boards and topics that it can take time to find the ones that interest you most or where you feel most at home. Once you have spent a little time browsing you will soon find your way around :) It really is the friendliest place I've ever found online and I have made a great many friends here.

I have yet to find the bar though - when you find it, point me in the right direction :rofl

*Valerie* March 22nd, 2011 12:37 PM

I remember finding JM on a search and stayed only at the Infants board. Out of boredom one day I went somewhere and it was like JACKPOT! Look at all the boards and at one point I was posting DAILY on like 10 :lol:
By the way--you do have 4 replies to your welcome post ;)

ixchel March 23rd, 2011 07:53 AM

Sorry for the delay. Got lost looking for the tequila. I think you ladies are right. There isn't an open bar. This could be a deal breaker for me. :D

Thanks for the responses! I just recently left another board that was seriously way too much drama for me. That, and its theme for something specific that is no longer apart of my life, so I figured I'd move on to something new! I know I find myself with questions all the time, and when you get used to having a bigger board with diverse opinions to turn to whenever you need it, you get used to that kind of convenience. I'm looking forward to finding my place (or two? three?) here!

Hooray for a wonderful welcome wagon :)