JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Need Help Navigating JM? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f80-need-help-navigating-jm/)
-   -   Just Mommies Convention! (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f80-need-help-navigating-jm/245393-just-mommies-convention.html)

Athey July 6th, 2006 10:19 PM

A thread was started in the May 2006 playroom about how it would be neat for us to get to meet in person, and for our kids to get to play together, etc, and it got me thinking!

It would be so neat if JustMommies could have a convention! I've been to a number of sites that had conventions and there are obviously a few problems to deal with - like WHERE to have it (obviously we can't be close to everyone) but that's why we could debate it for a while and try to plan things out for a while before moving forward with anything.

But it'd be so neat! And there's so much that could be done with it. I mean, we could have guest speakers about breastfeeding and formula, and dealing with childhood illnesses etc. etc. And seminars for parenting techniques, and panels for discussing thing. And there could be designated meeting times for each of the 'playrooms' and DDC. And there could be seminars on temping and various TTC methods.

I mean, there's just SO much that could be put into this. And there could be a room with vendors selling things and crafts and people could sell old baby cloths

I know it would be a HUGE thing to organize, but it would be SO COOL if it could be done. The possibilities are endless. And in addition to the registration fee everyone would pay for attending, I'm sure you could get sponsorship to cover the cost of some things.

And everyone's badges could have both their real name and their username on the board so that everyone would know who everyone else was.

Anyways, I just wanted to bring it up because I thought it was such a neat idea.

mommyand3 July 7th, 2006 06:24 AM

I have always thought this would be a great idea! I would love to meet everyone

iemily July 7th, 2006 07:11 AM

I vote for Canada :) hee hee...

marie2001 July 7th, 2006 07:32 AM

I think it would be cool too! I feel like Patty and Teresa are celebs around here, and I would love to meet them and others!!!

angeleyes0717 July 7th, 2006 07:36 AM

What an AWESOME idea....:smile:

Chunky Monkey July 7th, 2006 09:32 AM

That would be a great idea! I love conventions but the last one I went to was a Partylite one. But meeting everyone and having a sale, different topics covered, etc. would be wonderful!

TeresaSuperMama July 7th, 2006 09:35 AM

I think it's a great idea. I don't think we are in a position to do it at this time, but we'll see what we can do down the road with this.

Teresa

~*kath*~ July 7th, 2006 12:22 PM

I think that would be awesome!! I would definately be in for that!

justjaQ July 11th, 2006 09:07 PM

Quote:

I think it would be cool too! I feel like Patty and Teresa are celebs around here, and I would love to meet them and others!!![/b]
hehe, i feel that "celeb" thing about certain people here, too! :D

it would be fun. imagine, way down the road, when there are soooo many more members, too. wow, that would be something.

and i vote michigan. patty and teresa are here, and so am I! :lol:

ravensunset1980 July 20th, 2006 01:26 PM

this is a great idea, and I vote South Texas. :P hehehhehe, we have South Padre Island, and they have a great Convention center by the beach. hehhehe, just a thought.

Gwen July 20th, 2006 04:32 PM

great idea! :cheer:

justjaQ July 20th, 2006 06:49 PM

teehee, we're already arguing about possible locales. LMAO what a great forum this is. :D

pattyandthemoos July 20th, 2006 06:53 PM

Quote:

Quote:

I think it would be cool too! I feel like Patty and Teresa are celebs around here, and I would love to meet them and others!!![/b]

it would be fun. imagine, way down the road, when there are soooo many more members, too. wow, that would be something.

and i vote michigan. patty and teresa are here, and so am I! :lol: [/b]
I was talking to Teresa today and said how about we have it in Grand Rapids Michigan so I don't have to drive very far. LOL. But that is not a very exciting town. Seriously, I would love to do something like this. I just have to get a little more organized to put something like this together. Bring this back up in a few months. Maybe we can get some planning together on it by then.

justjaQ July 20th, 2006 07:03 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

and i vote michigan. patty and teresa are here, and so am I! :lol: [/b]
I was talking to Teresa today and said how about we have it in Grand Rapids Michigan so I don't have to drive very far. LOL. But that is not a very exciting town. Seriously, I would love to do something like this. I just have to get a little more organized to put something like this together. Bring this back up in a few months. Maybe we can get some planning together on it by then.
[/b]

yeah-yeah-yeah, grand rapids is doable!!! we can have everyone come up here and be drinking faygo and shopping at meijer. :smile: it's such a cool thought.

MnKelly77 July 20th, 2006 09:05 PM

NOW THAT I COULD DO!! lol if it were in CA or FL or something.. probably not.. but I'm in MN so MI is not that far fetched :)

DreamChaser July 21st, 2006 11:55 PM

Awwww come on ladies, don't want to come to beautiful, sunny San Diego? We have the ocean, a world-class zoo, Sea World and Legoland (plus Disneyland is within driving distance).

justjaQ July 22nd, 2006 01:37 PM

Quote:

Awwww come on ladies, don't want to come to beautiful, sunny San Diego? We have the ocean, a world-class zoo, Sea World and Legoland (plus Disneyland is within driving distance).[/b]
hehe, i would looove to go to san diego right about now. i have family there. ain't gonna happen for me, though.

angelmom79 July 22nd, 2006 07:28 PM

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: I think it would be a great idea tooo... Count me in,,
I VOTE FOR CENTRAL TEXAS,,WHICH I THINK I MAY BE THE ONLY ONE BUT WHO CARES I WILL GIVE A SHOT ANYWAY,,,
**************CENTRAL TEXAS*********************** :D

nicolelogg July 22nd, 2006 07:38 PM

That sounds so cool!

Saigon July 23rd, 2006 12:24 AM

I say Chicago. Its pretty centrally located to MOST