JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   **NEW** August 2014 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f2006-new-august-2014-playroom/)
-   -   Spotting question? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f2006-new-august-2014-playroom/2704267-spotting-question.html)

jonimingus January 20th, 2014 11:11 AM

Spotting question?

I have ready forums upon forums this morning about it, and tried getting ahold of dr office nurse and wil keep trying until end of their business today. But.. if anyone has experienced this now, or before please let me know! Yesterday I started having brown spotting and it slowed down last night, but started up again today. We haven't had sex and my physical activities have been pretty minimum. I heard that it should be fine as long as it is just brown, and I've seen no red whatsoever. by the way I am 11 weeks 2 days. Any tips or comments appreciated!

lms22 January 20th, 2014 11:16 AM

Re: Spotting question?

I'm 11 weeks, 1 day and I have had bleeding since the day I got the positive test. Sometimes it's brown, sometimes it's pink. Sorry for TMI, but when I strain at all to go to the bathroom, the whole toilet is full of blood like I'm having my period. If I spend the whole day sitting on the couch doing nothing, I don't bleed. But if I so much as walk across a parking lot, I start bleeding. We went to Disneyland a few days ago and I had my fiancÚ push me in a wheelchair all day just because I didn't feel like dealing with all the blood.

From weeks 3-8, I was convinced I was having a miscarriage over and over and over. It was the worst. When I finally had my first doctor's appointment at 8 weeks, she told me that my cervix is sensitive and bleeds very easily, and it explains all the bleeding I've had. I've had 2 ultrasounds since then, and the baby is perfect and healthy. I also have a doppler at home and have listened to the heartbeat every day for the past 2 weeks, and it's nice and strong, around 170 BPM.

I've just kind of accepted at this point that I'm going to bleed no matter what, and I try not to worry about it anymore.

jonimingus January 20th, 2014 11:21 AM

thanks, I have incompetent cervix and I dont know if the cervix is sensitive or not in this case but maybe that is it! I haven't had cramping or red blood but still just unsure about it! I called my dr office hoping to hear back soon!

Forget Me Not January 20th, 2014 12:55 PM

brown blood is old blood. So its not an active bleed. You could have had a SCH that finally leaked out. It could be from the last time you had sex, or lifted, or had a Bm. There are tons of reasons. As long as its not active red bleeding, then its ok. Hopefully your dr can reassure you!

Tiffany8620 January 20th, 2014 03:39 PM

I've called for brown spotting before. I've always been told that as long as it stays brown, isn't increasing or changing to red and there isn't cramping, it's more than likely that everything is OK.

Gcarr38 January 20th, 2014 04:25 PM

I had that around 5-6 weeks (I'm 10 now) and it was brown and I've heard it's normal. It started after my app and lasted for about a week/week and a half and then stopped. I haven't had it since then the dr office didn't seem too concerns when I called about it

dustalou18 January 20th, 2014 06:27 PM

I also had brown spotting earlier on in my pregnancy (weeks 5-6ish) and my doctor was not concerned about it at all as long as it stayed brown.

momology January 21st, 2014 07:28 AM

My doctor says some amount of spotting in early pregnancy is completely normal but she does always ask that I just note it down and mention it at my next appointment. Also to call if it gets heavier or turns red. :hug: I know it is scary but it really can be very normal.

jonimingus January 22nd, 2014 09:55 PM

thanks everyone, my nurse got back with me and said not to stress and that as long as it stays brown that it is fine. It lasted about a full day and is now over :) hoping all is well when I have my cerclage done monday (1/27).