JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   **NEW** June 2014 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1994-new-june-2014-playroom/)
-   -   Ugh men (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1994-new-june-2014-playroom/2690246-ugh-men.html)

Marissa's Mommy November 4th, 2013 06:54 PM

Ugh men

Sorry need to vent. Is tonight jerk night and I didn't get the memo? I came home all in a great mood and DH is apparently not. I got a call from my DDs birthday party venue needing info. I was downstairs and the tv was blaring so I turned it down. Mind you he is upstairs at this point. He walked down and was all pissy cause I turned the tv down. Then after i got off the phone I asked if he wanted me to warm up his food (having leftovers) and he didn't hear so asked again. He answered no. So I asked why and he said fine I'll eat. So I said well I don't care if you don't I'm just wondering why. Then he yelled a curse word and muttered something under his breath. Being my pregnant hormonal self I went upstairs and cried.
He is not normally a jerk and it definately doesn't take much to make me cry on a normal day when someone yells at me. Then he comes upstairs and says I'm sorry now will you drop it?? I love how guys suck at apologizing. And now he is mad I don't feel like watching the game with him. Sorry not really in the mood. Thanks for listening...

mrsdaiwa24 November 4th, 2013 07:04 PM

Re: Ugh men

I'm sorry. :( I swear, it's like they're in their own little world. They just don't get it.

Mel S November 5th, 2013 06:38 AM

Men really ought to know not to mess with a pregnant woman's emotions.

While my hubby and I don't argue often I do feel I've been warning him a lot more lately: 'don't mess with a hormonal woman' - he usually stops whatever was bugging me at that point, lol.

Demetria November 5th, 2013 06:44 AM

Hugs!!! I hope today is a better day!! I think it was definitely jerk day yesterday, although my issue was minor, I still went to bed pissed at DH for falling asleep on the sofa when I had asked him to take a mere 5 mins to make me a grilled cheese sandwich. I was so tired, achey and nauseous that I went to bed as soon as he got home from work. I had fed the kids and cleaned and I just needed a break. I drifted off to sleep thinking he would wake me up, but I woke up with hunger pains at 10pm (went to sleep at 8) and he was laying on the sofa with his clothes on, tv off asleep!! :mad:

I was fuming mad!!! I am still mad. lol

AtomicMama November 5th, 2013 07:19 AM

I'm sorry :( I think Amy's right, they just don't understand at all. DH tells me I'm barely pregnant so I can't use that as an excuse yet.

moxiemommie November 5th, 2013 07:41 AM

Omg!!!!! Im so sorry all of you are dealing with that... DF and I got in a little tiff on friday, nothing serious but he yelled because I didnt know the answer to his question and he thought I was putting him off- like I was saying I didnt know just because I didnt want to answer. (it was about how much gas it takes to travel from gilroy to sanjose- which I really dont remember since we dont live there anymore and we only used to go to sj occasionally) But then I just started crying and he felt bad, because he knew he was in a bad mood, then realized I really didnt know. He said he was sorry and gave me a loving hug and kiss, then we went and got food so I wouldnt have to "cook." (my version of cooking these days is usually frozen dinners that just go in a skillet or oven) But he is very sincere when he apologizes. Today he brought in the movie for the kids he rented before he left for work and made us a fire in the fireplace at 430am! Super sweet!

susie_q November 5th, 2013 08:55 AM

Awww I'm sorry yall. Yesterday wasn't too bad with us but today he kinda got on me because I left a pregnancy book in the car and we're not out yet. But left in his car, and I told him early so he could hide it before (if) anyone got in. Uuugh.