JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   **NEW** March 2014 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1970-new-march-2014-playroom/)
-   -   When is your first Doc appt? and did you choose a MD or Midwife? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1970-new-march-2014-playroom/2661462-when-your-first-doc-appt-and-did-you-choose-md-midwife.html)

Mommysjb June 25th, 2013 08:23 PM

When is your first Doc appt? and did you choose a MD or Midwife?

When is your first Doc appt? and did you choose a MD or Midwife and why?

Mommysjb June 25th, 2013 08:58 PM

Re: When is your first Doc appt? and did you choose a MD or Midwife?

My first appt is Aug 1 and it will be with my OB/GYN and an ultra sound. I went with a MD because I had medical issues when I was born and I am praying for a healthy baby, If need be the doctor will be well aware of me and my history.
If not for this reason I would have chosen a midwife all the way because I am in the mindset that doctors "practice medicine" they do not have all the answers and I do believe in naturopathic ways and chose a MD that will take that into consideration.

MommaLove13 June 26th, 2013 04:02 AM

July 17th I will have an u/s to see heartbeat and then 23rd an apt with the NP, and then July 2nd 10 weeks apt with my amazing OB. From there on out it will only be the once a month. They just like to keep a good eye on me because of my history.

I see an Ob and as much as I'd love to go the natural route (I tend to parent naturally) with a midwife it's just not possible for me and I accept that.

iErica June 26th, 2013 04:43 AM

I have a "confirmation" appointment on Friday, and then my first real appointment will be scheduled at that one, she said for around 6 weeks.

I'm seeing a midwife - it's a midwife/OB practice. If I turn high risk, I switch to the OB.

dwhite23 June 26th, 2013 10:54 AM

Confirmation is today and I'll schedule the real deal after that. My OB does a viability scan at 7 weeks.

Mikacalvin June 26th, 2013 11:23 AM

This coming Tuesday, July 2nd I'm getting my confirmation appointment. Nervous and excited!! I'm scared to miscarriage and can't wait to hit 20 weeks.

smsturner June 26th, 2013 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dwhite23 (Post 27478620)
Confirmation is today and I'll schedule the real deal after that. My OB does a viability scan at 7 weeks.

Mine does the same. I have my confirmation appt on monday. Then a scan the following week.

Dakotas_mom June 26th, 2013 02:08 PM

i'm so excited for you ladies!!! I can't wait to see your first ultrasounds.

holymoly July 1st, 2013 08:58 PM

I had my annual on the books for 8/2 but called this morning to tell them about the BFP and they moved it up to 7/16. That would put me at six weeks. If memory serves, my first appt with DC#1 was at eight weeks and we had an internal u/s and saw the heartbeat. Does anyone know if that will be possible at six weeks?

I am seeing an OB for this appointment, but may switch to a midwife practice if all looks good, which is what I ended up with last time. I wanted (and had) a water birth, which my previous OB wasn't equipped for, so I switched at 20 weeks to the midwives and was very satisfied with the care I got there.

hugskisses120 July 2nd, 2013 06:47 AM

I am having blood drawn twice this week to check hormones levels and then my first appointment is the 11th and first ultrasound the 29th! I have to stick with an OB because of some mental health issues and being on medication...she hasn't flat out said I'm high risk yet but mentioned it being a possibility depending how I do.

Wishing you all happy appointments and ultrasounds :)

LoveRunning July 2nd, 2013 07:41 AM

I called this morning- my first appointment is next week! I'll be seeing a midwife.

LindsayMom09 July 2nd, 2013 01:45 PM

I have a confirmation apt this Thursday, and we will schedule a midwife apt after that! I can't wait to hear a precious little heartbeat and see ultrasound pics! Then it will make it seem more real for me. It still hasn't sank in yet! :p

RandaBear75 July 2nd, 2013 06:28 PM

Bloodwork tomorrow and ultrasound on th 24th

pixie23 July 2nd, 2013 08:38 PM

Hopefully my appointment is next week and I am looking into midwife.. Not sure if I want one or not. I never had one before.

Gamer_Princess July 3rd, 2013 02:46 AM

I will be confirming on Monday (7.8.13) with blood work and such. Then set up a scan for around 7.22.13 unless my RE wants me to have one sooner. I will have repeat blood work done every 48 hours with at least 3 betas. Not for sure on dates except the confirmation but already to put things in my calendar :)