JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   In the News (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f98-news/)
-   -   Moms Swap Toddlers After Hospital Baby Mix-Up (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f98-news/1502214-moms-swap-toddlers-after-hospital-baby-mix-up.html)

Dirtroads April 1st, 2009 06:42 AM

Moms Swap Toddlers After Hospital Baby Mix-Up

FOXNews.com - Moms Swap Toddlers After Hospital Baby Mix-Up - Health News | Current Health News | Medical News

:(

Quantum_Leap April 1st, 2009 08:37 AM

Re: Moms Swap Toddlers After Hospital Baby Mix-Up

I HATE stories like this. There is no good way to solve this problem....everyone involved must be devastated.

GinaB April 1st, 2009 09:39 AM

how awful!!

Jarheadwed April 2nd, 2009 12:15 AM

I agree, what a terrible situation for all.

swade66 April 2nd, 2009 06:26 AM

That is too sad.

I mean at that point what do you do? You are torn between your flesh and blood and the child you have raised for two years.

Jodi Dawn April 2nd, 2009 10:25 AM

oh my. I don't know what I would do if I were in their situation. Yes I would want my biological son back but yet I just raised this other lil boy for 2 yrs and he is my son too. KWIM. wow what a hard thing to deal with

*Stephanie* April 2nd, 2009 05:16 PM

Wow, thats horrible.

Momof4Boyz April 3rd, 2009 12:24 PM

That would be horrible! I watched a movie about a story like this, and you know as much as I would want the child that was my flesh and blood, but there is no way I could "trade" the kids at that point. I look at my son, if we found out he wasn't ours, omg there is just noo way I could give him up even if it meant getting my bio child back, he IS my child whether he was biologically or not. I think it would be great if the two sides could agree to be friends so both parents can see each child but at the same time allow the parents to keep the child they've raised for so long, it's really no different than an adoption, you become attached to that child regardless of it's DNA.

luvmyladybugs April 3rd, 2009 01:46 PM

I can't even imagine...just heartbreaking!

*PurpleMidnight* April 7th, 2009 01:18 AM

:cry: How horrible! How could you make the decision?

JustBecca April 7th, 2009 02:54 PM

That is very sad. I have no idea what I would do.

Tanya G April 13th, 2009 12:25 PM

holy cow, i think i would bawl if this happend to me! I am so attached to my son, if I suddenly found out he wasn't mine, I have to admit I don't think I would be capable of sanely swapping the children. While I would certainly want to have both children(an impossible dream) it would be so weird to meet my bio child and them be a complete stranger to me. I think I would be more comfortable in this situation keeping the child I had raised and trying to be a part of the life of the bio child, would that make me a bad mom to the bio child? Holy crap thats complicated.