JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Northeast Mommies (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f143-northeast-mommies/)
-   -   Rochester NY? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f143-northeast-mommies/2109039-rochester-ny.html)

mommas2favs September 20th, 2010 10:56 AM

Rochester NY?

Hey Ladies!

It's official, Joe will be leaving the Navy the middle of October... He's landed a great job in Rochester NY... We have decided we'd like to live in one of the surrounding towns like Webster, Greece or Gates...

Anyone around there able to recommend places to look for a condo or townhouse?

Can anyone recommend places to avoid???

Thanks!

smsturner September 30th, 2010 08:27 PM

Re: Rochester NY?

Hi there! I don't know the towns awesomely well. I've heard good things about alot of the smaller towns like webster. Places to avoid to live? Downtown rochester. i've heard it really is lousy to live there.

I mostly just wanted to say welcome to ny!! I'm from Ithaca. Hope you love the snow!

mommy2Breana+Brandon October 1st, 2010 08:36 AM

:welcome:

I am not from NY but want to wish you luck

MidgeMadge October 6th, 2010 06:57 AM

I love Rochester :) I've never lived there, however, so don't have advice. But, I think Greece is a great area. Good luck!

OOCMarie314 October 7th, 2010 09:25 AM

Greece is great. Penfield, Pittsford, and Honeoye Falls Lima are also nice places. My Husband grew up in HFL area and went to their school. His brother still ives there and we visit alot(I"m from Buffalo 1 1/2 hours away) and I love it there!!!! Smaller towns are cute and not far form city where he'll probably work

MrsAndMommy October 7th, 2010 01:15 PM

I was born in Rochester, my mother grew up there. I just called my mom for ya t ask and she said: Irondequoit, Henrietta, Brighton, East Rochester, Pittsford. :)

mommas2favs October 19th, 2010 08:09 PM

Thanks so much for your responses Ladies!!! We found a place in Webster. Hubby's new job is only a 15 minute drive from the front door and he won't have to take 390, 490 or 590!
We've registered Belle in Webster Central School District..., and she's so excited to get started. =)

Thanks again!

MrsAndMommy October 20th, 2010 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mommas2favs (Post 21882044)
Thanks so much for your responses Ladies!!! We found a place in Webster. Hubby's new job is only a 15 minute drive from the front door and he won't have to take 390, 490 or 590!
We've registered Belle in Webster Central School District..., and she's so excited to get started. =)

Thanks again!

I don't know how I forgot that one! My cousins lived there for a while!