JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Not Trying Not Preventing (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1166-not-trying-not-preventing/)
-   -   Ready...kind of venting/rambling (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1166-not-trying-not-preventing/2514657-ready-kind-venting-rambling.html)

hopeful1tn April 14th, 2012 09:34 PM

Ready...kind of venting/rambling

I absolutely love children, and so ready to have my own I'm 28 (29 later this yr) and will be finshed with my master's in Sept. My boyfriend and I have been together off and on for 6 yrs for the most part on and he has 3 kids and would like more but would prefer to be married before he has any more. I haven't been on birth control in years and we use the "withdrawal method". I'm not sure how to approach the conversation that I'm ready to start trying. I def. don't want to scare him and think I'm baby crazed because if he's not ready then I'm ok with that. I've always wanted quite a few kids but the older I'm starting to get my bilogical clock is starting to tick...Sometimes I think I need to just put it in the back of my mind and just let it happen whenever it happens but I can't figure out how to get the "is it going to happen this time" thought out of my head while DTD. *deep sigh* (feels like I'm ovulating now...)

anl April 18th, 2012 01:22 PM

Re: Ready...kind of venting/rambling

If you two have been together for that long then there should be no problem with you talking to him about how you feel! You have to have open communication so you two will be on the same page. Tell him how you feel and tell him that you understand if he isn't ready yet. You may be surprised...he may actually be ready. You just never know until you ask. Good luck.

hopeful1tn April 27th, 2012 09:34 PM

thanks for your advice!! i'm gonna talk to him

DiamondsAreForever July 6th, 2012 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hopeful1tn (Post 25897164)
I absolutely love children, and so ready to have my own I'm 28 (29 later this yr) and will be finshed with my master's in Sept. My boyfriend and I have been together off and on for 6 yrs for the most part on and he has 3 kids and would like more but would prefer to be married before he has any more. I haven't been on birth control in years and we use the "withdrawal method". I'm not sure how to approach the conversation that I'm ready to start trying. I def. don't want to scare him and think I'm baby crazed because if he's not ready then I'm ok with that. I've always wanted quite a few kids but the older I'm starting to get my bilogical clock is starting to tick...Sometimes I think I need to just put it in the back of my mind and just let it happen whenever it happens but I can't figure out how to get the "is it going to happen this time" thought out of my head while DTD. *deep sigh* (feels like I'm ovulating now...)

LOL