JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Not Trying Not Preventing (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1166-not-trying-not-preventing/)
-   -   2 weeks late (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1166-not-trying-not-preventing/2622700-2-weeks-late.html)

Leokay23 February 6th, 2013 10:37 AM

2 weeks late

Hi everyone, I'm 19 years old and im new here. I was wondering why my period is weeks late, I took 2 first resonce tests but they both came back negative. I'm scared because me n my boyfriend are not trying to get pregnant. I'm confused can anyone help me? :confused:
I haven't been stressing out lately but I have been moody and very tired. I've never had any kids so I don't know what's happening to me.

Urchin February 6th, 2013 11:25 AM

Re: 2 weeks late

Are you on any type of hormonal birth control at all? Are your cycles usually regular?

It is possible that you had a month where your body tried to ovulate, but was unable to. Every now and then even the most regular people can experience an annovulatory month.

Good luck. If the problem persists, make sure you see a doctor!

Leokay23 February 6th, 2013 11:34 AM

No birth control, ya I'm always right on time but this is the longest time with no period, last month it was very light and only lasted 2 days. I've been feeling nausea but no vomiting.

gustka48 February 6th, 2013 11:39 AM

If I were you I would make an appointment with a doctor or a NP to have blood levels drawn. Some tests may not come back postive right away.

Always a way to ease your mind. Or visit a place like Planned Parenthood, they would be able to run a test as well!

Leokay23 February 6th, 2013 11:43 AM

Planned parenthood sounds like the best place to go. I'm scared it'll be positive, I've never done this before.

Urchin February 6th, 2013 11:53 AM

Let us know how things work out. It sounds like something is going on that you need checked out.

Good luck!

Leokay23 February 6th, 2013 11:55 AM

Thank you :) I appreciate the kindness

Leokay23 February 11th, 2013 09:21 PM

Well, I went to planned parenthood and took a test, it came out negative but I'm experiencing the early pregnancy symptoms such as mild cramps, mood change, mild nausea, tender breasts, discharge ect... The lady said its still to early to tell so i have to take another test in 2 weeks.

swade66 February 12th, 2013 08:16 AM

Did they offer a blood draw? That would be the more accurate way. I hope you end up with the results you want.

Leokay23 February 12th, 2013 08:47 PM

No, it was a pee test.

swade66 February 13th, 2013 11:51 AM

Hmm. I don't have much experience with PP. I would get another appointment and get a BC plan together. If you don't want to be pregnant you need to use some BC.

I hope something happens soon...one way or the other!