JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Not Trying Not Preventing (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1166-not-trying-not-preventing/)
-   -   Insights, please: Lots of Symptoms, but Don't Want to Hope (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1166-not-trying-not-preventing/2624309-insights-please-lots-symptoms-but-dont-want-to-hope.html)

Heather Feather February 11th, 2013 08:52 AM

Insights, please: Lots of Symptoms, but Don't Want to Hope

Hello.

On Jan 23rd, I posted a question about a late, light, short period.

Basically, it said that after being about four days late for AF (which is very regular), I tested, got a BFN (though I think I accidentally peed on the control window), and then two days later I had a very strange period that was much shorter (about 2.5 days, total duration) and a lot lighter than normal (one day of moderate bleeding - as opposed to a first day of my typical heavy bleeding) and then a day and a half of spotting).

Well, one of the times my boyfriend and I BD since then was - as it turns out (it wasn't planned that way) - around ovulation...and I'm having odd symptoms. I'd say I'm probably somewhere between 8-10 days dpo right now.

Two days ago, I had some light spotting - it was dark pink/light brown, the consistency was like egg-whites, and needed one pantyliner and then was done.

For about 4-5 days or so, I've had EWCM whenever I go to the bathroom. Sometimes it's on my underwear, sometimes it's not, but it's always there when I wipe.

My nipples are VERY sore - to the point where I accidentally brushed a dish against one last night and it hurt. But even more oddly, I've developed these tiny brown spots...sort of scabby...on my areolas. I picked one off (ewww), and so did my boyfriend - but a few more seem to have appeared over night.

My appetite has been strange - sweets such as cake, which I normally love, have made me queasy. And I find myself feeling slightly nauseated when I lay down at night. Yet, also hungry at odd times. (I got out of bed last night and ate a hard-boiled egg.)

I honestly don't know what to think. We've been NTNP for about ten months, though with our work schedules, we only BD about once a week right now and definitely not always near my fertile days. We both want a baby, though, so I'm trying not to get my hopes up.

Any insights?

AnnaBonana February 11th, 2013 09:20 AM

Re: Insights, please: Lots of Symptoms, but Don't Want to Hope

I think the only thing to tell you is to buy an HPT and take a test!

Upload the picture and we will al, look at it for you.

Good luck!

Heather Feather February 11th, 2013 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnnaBonana (Post 27080398)
I think the only thing to tell you is to buy an HPT and take a test!

Upload the picture and we will al, look at it for you.

Good luck!

I'll do that - when I'm brave enough to test! LOL

swade66 February 11th, 2013 07:02 PM

I am certain a test is in order. It sounds like you might already know your answer.

MarinaAndCharlie'sMommy February 11th, 2013 08:11 PM

The spotting may have been from implantation. Test! And good luck!!!

bella88 February 12th, 2013 12:57 AM

Do you temp at all to confirm O? The EWCM now could be a sign that you didn't O yet or very recently and the spotting could also have been from O. You can get EWCM sometimes mid tww but I wouldn't think that getting it for that many days at a time would be typical.

Heather Feather February 12th, 2013 06:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swade66 (Post 27082894)
I am certain a test is in order. It sounds like you might already know your answer.

I've convinced myself, for some reason, that I'm going to have trouble getting pregnant (probably 10 months of it not happening, though - as I said - we haven't been trying per se, and most definitely have not hit my fertile periods on a regular basis). So I'm almost positive this will be a negative, despite the symptoms.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarinaAndCharlie'sMommy (Post 27083142)
The spotting may have been from implantation. Test! And good luck!!!

Thank you! I'll test soon and we'll see.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bella88 (Post 27083509)
Do you temp at all to confirm O? The EWCM now could be a sign that you didn't O yet or very recently and the spotting could also have been from O. You can get EWCM sometimes mid tww but I wouldn't think that getting it for that many days at a time would be typical.

No, we haven't officially been TTC, just NTNP - and I think we'll probably start TTC soon if this isn't a positive. So the most in-depth I've gotten is tracking my periods SOMETIMES on an app, and guessing my O days.

swade66 February 12th, 2013 08:20 AM

I think you are unnecessarily prolonging your wonder. Lol I am admittedly a POAS pusher but in your case I honestly think you just need to do it already.lol Then post a picture of the results.

Heather Feather February 12th, 2013 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swade66 (Post 27084639)
I think you are unnecessarily prolonging your wonder. Lol I am admittedly a POAS pusher but in your case I honestly think you just need to do it already.lol Then post a picture of the results.

LOL...well, I ordered some cheapie test strips from Amazon (after reading on here that they're fairly accurate and good for people who want to test a lot). They're due to arrive tomorrow, soooo...I guess I'll give it a go.

swade66 February 12th, 2013 08:27 AM

I can't wait!

I have heard dollar store tests are ok too.

Heather Feather February 12th, 2013 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swade66 (Post 27084666)
I can't wait!

I have heard dollar store tests are ok too.

:grin::grin: Hehe, I am NOT getting my hopes up, though.

And I heard that, too - but can't find any dollar stores in my immediate vicinity! :mad:

swade66 February 13th, 2013 07:59 AM

Come on mail man!!!!

Heather Feather February 13th, 2013 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swade66 (Post 27088582)
Come on mail man!!!!

:D

But I'm confused: Do I test today or tomorrow, when my period is normally due - or do I adjust for last week's late (and short and light) period and test around that date?

swade66 February 13th, 2013 11:44 AM

I hate to wait but your best result will be with FMU. So I would test first thing in the morning.

Or test now and then. Haha

Heather Feather February 14th, 2013 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swade66 (Post 27089770)
I hate to wait but your best result will be with FMU. So I would test first thing in the morning.

Or test now and then. Haha

Well, I tested this morning at 4am when I got up to pee - and it was negative. Not sure if it's too early (trying to remember when my period normally is - might actually be the 15th/16th) or if it's really negative. :-/

swade66 February 14th, 2013 12:23 PM

Don't be discouraged yet. I would test again Monday if she doesn't show up.

swade66 February 18th, 2013 08:01 AM

Anything today?

Heather Feather February 19th, 2013 06:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swade66 (Post 27106123)
Anything today?

Didn't test yesterday (had a bit of a car accident - I'm OK - but was distracted). No period yet, though.