JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Not Trying Not Preventing (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1166-not-trying-not-preventing/)
-   -   Need some thoughts and comments (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1166-not-trying-not-preventing/2631737-need-some-thoughts-and-comments.html)

teddybear March 4th, 2013 09:37 PM

Need some thoughts and comments

Its been a crazy past year for me. Its been a while since I have logged onto JM.
Anyways, so 8 years ago we dated for 6 months or so...then broke up. Well now 8 years later we are now together again. We are both 30 and I am flying out next month to see him. Well we don't like using protection. For the most part i would be excited if we ended up having a kid together. And we've been friends this whole time. But it does cross my mind if I am the only one who doesn't think this is crazy. Anyone else get pregnant early on in a relationship?
I am so nervous right now. We've talked about what if and everything else. So we are on the same page with that.
So i guess what I'm getting at is some advice or anyone share their stories..

Kivett12 March 6th, 2013 04:22 PM

Re: Need some thoughts and comments

I don't necessarily have any experience with this, but if this is what you both are hoping for and have talked about it, then you do what you think is right. I would just caution that sometimes in situations like this, the woman is the left carrying all the baggage (for a lack of a better term). I don't mean to sound negative, but I would just be careful and make sure that this is what you both really want and that both of you are committed to deal with it if it happens.

Pageturner March 12th, 2013 03:34 AM

I would be sure he plans to stick around...

girlsofsummer March 14th, 2013 08:05 AM

I'd be very cautious here, especially since you are a plane ride away from each other. I mean would you just pack up and leave if you got pregnant? Would he move to be close to you? Do you guys have concrete future plans?

This is going to sound bad, but I don't mean it in a judgmental way: What's holding him to you? If you got pregnant today, what evidence do you have that he would stick around?

girlsofsummer March 14th, 2013 08:06 AM

I'd be very cautious here, especially since you are a plane ride away from each other. I mean would you just pack up and leave if you got pregnant? Would he move to be close to you? Do you guys have concrete future plans?

This is going to sound bad, but I don't mean it in a judgmental way: What's holding him to you? If you got pregnant today, what evidence do you have that he would stick around?