JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Not Trying Not Preventing (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1166-not-trying-not-preventing/)
-   -   New Here (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1166-not-trying-not-preventing/2640379-new-here.html)

waitingforapositive April 3rd, 2013 06:24 PM

New Here

Hello All,

I'm new this website, it was suggested to me by a friend who is on here frequently. I've been married for just under a year and my husband and I have decided to no longer use any kind of birth control.

So I just had my Mirena removed on Monday! And my OB/GYN PA told me that it could take 6-8 weeks for my period to return. However, I woke up with it already this morning!!!!! Just wondering if anyone else has had this happened and if it's something to worry about? Or if it's really just my period returning with the removal.

Thanks everyone!! Can't wait to get to know you all!

Spyctre April 3rd, 2013 07:35 PM

Re: New Here

I have no idea about what kind of bleeding it is, but I wish you luck. =) Welcome to JM!

bella88 April 4th, 2013 04:00 AM

Welcome :) hope you get a bfp nice and quickly :) It could be your period coming already or maybe it could be from removal? Keep an eye on it anyways, maybe you just bounced back quickly :)

Kivett12 April 4th, 2013 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spyctre (Post 27255625)
I have no idea about what kind of bleeding it is, but I wish you luck. =) Welcome to JM!

:ditto: Welcome to JM, wishing you a short stay here or stay as long as you like!!!

waitingforapositive April 4th, 2013 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spyctre (Post 27255625)

Quote:

Originally Posted by bella88 (Post 27256209)
Welcome :) hope you get a bfp nice and quickly :) It could be your period coming already or maybe it could be from removal? Keep an eye on it anyways, maybe you just bounced back quickly :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kivett12 (Post 27256928)
:ditto: Welcome to JM, wishing you a short stay here or stay as long as you like!!!

Thank you all for the welcome :) It means alot of have support form other mommies or future mommies.

The bleeding is heavy with some extreme cramping (which I never really had pre-Mirena periods). TMI about me I'm sorry!

girlsofsummer April 10th, 2013 02:11 PM

hi waiting, I just had mine removed on Monday (4/8). My doc also said that I should get AF within 4-6 weeks, but bleeding before that is non uncommon.

My guess is that it's either your period, or your body's reaction to the absence of hormones. Totally normal.

PM me if you'd like! It'd be interesting to keep up w/ each other to see what our bodies are doing post-Mirena.

girlsofsummer April 10th, 2013 02:11 PM

hi waiting, I just had mine removed on Monday (4/8). My doc also said that I should get AF within 4-6 weeks, but bleeding before that is non uncommon.

My guess is that it's either your period, or your body's reaction to the absence of hormones. Totally normal.

PM me if you'd like! It'd be interesting to keep up w/ each other to see what our bodies are doing post-Mirena.

Renee360 April 11th, 2013 02:07 PM

Just popping in.

When I had my IUD removed I got it taken out 7/27 and on 8/4 had my first period. I got pregnant later that month.