JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Not Trying Not Preventing (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1166-not-trying-not-preventing/)
-   -   Brown spotting. Implantation or just early af? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1166-not-trying-not-preventing/2652747-brown-spotting-implantation-just-early-af.html)

Anna_Belle May 22nd, 2013 07:01 PM

Brown spotting. Implantation or just early af?

My dh and I are not ttc and we almost always use condoms. Every once in a while we use the "pull and pray" method, and this month we just so happened to bd right around when I ovulated. He pulled out, and I didn't think anything of it, until Monday, which would be around 8dpo (give or take a day) I had some brown spotting with just a tiny hint of red. It's been on and off since then. Always brown, and once or twice has had sort of a yellow/greenish tinge and was somewhat snot like.

I do sometimes spot several days before af but not usually this early. Also, we have bd several times since Monday and the condom has been covered in brown after, sort of how it would be at the very end of af (sorry if TMI). This has never happened BEFORE af, however, and has me wondering if implantation bleeding can look like this? My cycle has been a very regular 31 days over the last 6 months or so, with the exception of an odd 24 day cycle when I had mono. I am not due until the 28th. I have also had very tender bbs and some mild cramping which is not super unusual for me the week before af arrives.

Has anyone ever experienced this brown spotting before af?

Kivett12 May 23rd, 2013 02:00 PM

Re: Brown spotting. Implantation or just early af?

It very well could just be a crazy cycle, or it could be implantation bleeding. It's really hard to say. I have seen many posts on here about implantation bleeding and how it differs from each woman. It also differs for many, each pregnancy. Personally, with my 1st child, I had literally one spot on my TP when I wiped. With this pg, I didn't have anything. I have read about women spotting for several days though. If it started on Monday, you might be able to get results on a HPT now. I would use a Pink Dye test like an Answer or FRER. KUP!

Spyctre May 24th, 2013 06:06 AM

I had IB starting at 8 or 9 DPO this time.

Day 1 - one pinhead-sized dot of pink when I wiped

Day 2 - repeat of day 1

Day 3 - brown spotting like end of AF

Day 4 - repeat of day 3

Day 5 - tons of maroon colored mucus, thought this was the real start of AF. Put in tampon, 4 hours later nothing but a single brown dot on it is found.

Day 6 - repeat of day 5

Day 7 - one tiny dot of pink early early that morning like 4 AM. BFP this day.

Used an answer test, I think. The BFP was pretty faint.

ladyluck87 May 30th, 2013 10:51 AM

I was just reading online that if you have brown spotting earlier than your expected period it may be ovulation!