JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Not Trying Not Preventing (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1166-not-trying-not-preventing/)
-   -   Should I hope? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1166-not-trying-not-preventing/2653299-should-i-hope.html)

Tamra_Marie May 24th, 2013 03:07 PM

Should I hope?

Hi! My name is Tamra and I've been with my boyfriend for about 3 years. He says he's not interested in having another child just yet, but I've been hoping to have one. We half-heartedly tried last year, and I had a miscarriage as a result. This month he's let go in me twice, but insists I won't be pregnant.

I have a regular 28 day cycle, and he let go in me on the 10th day and 13th day of my cycle. So I'm really hopeful! But I haven't seen any noticable cervical mucus down below, and I know it's supposed to come around ovulation. I might not have ovulated.

So is it fair to say I should jump on the pessimist boat with my boyfriend?

Spyctre May 25th, 2013 11:31 AM

Re: Should I hope?

If you have a 28 day cycle normally, you probably ovulate between day 12 and day 18. Seems like most women I've seen have a 10-16 day LP. You have a good chance if you ovulate between CD 10 and CD 15 I would think. Most sperm last about 2 days. Some can last up to a week, but that's pretty rare.

Good luck! You may have caught the egg, or you may have a delayed O this time. I sometimes O without ever noticing a lot of CM. My last child I never saw any EWCM, just a little creamy. This time I had scant EWCM. I actually didn't think I was about to O.

OatmealKisses May 25th, 2013 01:50 PM

I have never had a lot of CM after age 20. It was still extremely easy to get pregnant.

Tamra_Marie May 25th, 2013 04:43 PM

Thanks Spyctre! I searched on Google for the average day that women ovulate and I kept getting "the 14th day, but everyone is different merp merp", and had no idea what the span might be like lol. Thanks for providing great info, I should have come here first :)

I think I might have started ovulation this morning because I had a pinching feeling above my left hip that lasted for a few hours. No CM though. But if I did ovulate this morning (day 16) and I had sex 3 days earlier (13)...and sperm last about 2 days... I won't get my hopes high.

OatmealKisses thank you, that's reassuring to me. :)

Spyctre May 26th, 2013 07:02 AM

Well, they say under ideal conditions sperm can live 7 days! =) You never know. Most do live about 48 hours, and some live about 72, but 3 days is the long side of normal. Eggs can live up to 24 hours on the long side. It's around 12 hours normally. Jump him today! I have a friend that conceived her first child the day after she ovulated using the pull and pray method.