JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Not Trying Not Preventing (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1166-not-trying-not-preventing/)
-   -   New here, shocked, confused..need advice! (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1166-not-trying-not-preventing/2703157-new-here-shocked-confused-need-advice.html)

klynne83 January 13th, 2014 01:49 PM

New here, shocked, confused..need advice!

Hello ladies! I have lurked these boards for a long time now and only now have I made my first post. My name is Kristy I am 30 (almost 31). DBF is 30 as well. We have been together for almost a year now and started off our relationship using protection (condoms) but have long gone without them. Each time we DTD, he finishes inside me. While we are not actively trying to become pregnant we have not been preventing it either. I want a baby he is a bit iffy on it although I know he would come around. We are not getting any younger here let's be honest! So my LMP was December 16th. My cycle is generally about 26 days. They have not been regular. I am a chronic spotter. I usually spot for days, sometimes a week before AF is due. I started spotting last Sunday January 5th and have spotted all week up until about yesterday. AF was due on January 11th. She is now 2 days late. I have had some occasional cramping the last few days. I have had cold symptoms since January 6th, sore throat, hoarse voice, dry cough, some nasal congestion, sneezing and runny nose. I haven't had any classic pregnancy symptoms that would make me certain that I was pregnant. On Friday night I decided to test using my digital CB. It was negative. Thought ok, AF is sure to come any moment now. She always does the moment after I test. Still no sign of her. Today I stopped off at Dollarama and got 3 medicare tests. There was no way I was going to waste more money on those expensive brands to end up with negative results. I came home and thought I would test even though I did not really have to go pee. Well I tested and within the time frame 2 pink lines showed up. The control test was bright pink the test line was faint but clearly there and clearly pink. I freaked. Used the same urine sample and used a second test. Same result. 2 pink lines! I am shocked and freaking out just a little bit. This can't possibly be true? What if it is a false positive? I texted DBF and told him, he isn't convinced either and wants me to get an expensive test but I am afraid of buying one and it being negative. I told him we should wait a few days. Has anyone used these Dollar store cheapies and had positive results with them? I don't know what to do. Maybe I should just wait for AF to show up?

left_field January 13th, 2014 06:23 PM

Re: New here, shocked, confused..need advice!

*lurking from TTCYourFirst*

I would test again with a FR if I got a positive on a cheapie especially if AF was late...KUP good luck!

klynne83 January 13th, 2014 09:40 PM

Well just thought I would give an update. I stopped at the drug store on my way to work tonight (I am working the night shift 10pm-6am). I picked up a double pack of CB digital advanced tests. I ended up POAS about 1230am and I got a BFP! It came up pregnant 1-2weeks! Looks like I am about 4 weeks along and due Sept 22nd! I can't believe it! I truly thought I would never be able to have children!

Spyctre January 13th, 2014 10:02 PM

Congratulations! =) I delivered my last one this past September 25th. The winter is a great time to spend early pregnancy. Really helps with any nausea.

I had classic symptoms with my first two, extremely so. I had a "period" with my first child, and no spotting with my second. My third I got 6 days of spotting right when AF was due and not one day of morning sickness. I would have been months along before I found out if a friend didn't convince me to test when I mentioned my weird period. lol

I hope you continue to have little to no symptoms! :D