JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   November 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1929-november-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Friday Five 3/22 (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1929-november-2013-playroom/2636876-friday-five-3-22-a.html)

Carwen*Angel March 22nd, 2013 04:19 AM

Friday Five 3/22

from thefridayfive.livejournal.com

1. Would you return to high school life for a week? Why or why not?
2. Who were you in high school?
3. What was your favorite high school hangout? What did you do there?
4. What were your favorite three songs in high school?
5. What was the craziest thing you did in high school?

Lindz253 March 22nd, 2013 05:37 AM

Re: Friday Five 3/22

1. Would you return to high school life for a week? Why or why not? Sure! I loved highschool!

2. Who were you in high school? Not sure how to answer this.

3. What was your favorite high school hangout? What did you do there? It was different at different ages, but senior year it was at people's houses who's parents were gone a lot. :ph34r:

4. What were your favorite three songs in high school? Oh gosh, I can't even remember what songs were on back then! I have the worst memory.

5. What was the craziest thing you did in high school? I definitely made stupid mistakes but I wasn't terribly crazy because I played sports and was always involved in something.

SpankyMagoo March 22nd, 2013 06:16 AM

Definitely. I loved High School.

I was Queen of the Music Geeks. PResident of Choir, Director of Acapella, Lead in the play.

I didnt really have one. We hung out at friends houses.

They would be all Broadway stuff. Im sure no one knows them hahaha

I have to admit, I was not crazy in high school. I was pretty boring.

Mana March 22nd, 2013 06:24 AM

No. It was not a fun time for me.

Sort of an emo-er, less confident version of my adult self :)

Internet :P I did.. idk.. internet stuff I guess.

I'm not sure. Probably Breathe by The Cruxshadows, something by Faith and the Muse (probably Cernunnos), and.. something else :P Oh maybe Wrath Within by Children of Bodom or something by Opeth. My music tastes haven't changed a whole lot since then :)

By crazy do you mean stupid? I ran away from home. Although it wasn't so much stupid as eye-opening, in retrospect.

Nicole B March 22nd, 2013 07:58 AM

No. I went to a private high school that was mostly filled with the same type of person that I had nothing in common with.

2. Who were you in high school? Who knows. Most of high school I hung out with my boyfriend and friends that were already graduated so I wasn't too involved in high school stuff...

3. What was your favorite high school hangout? What did you do there? Umm...the mall I guess? I worked at the mall so I was kind of a mall rat for awhile. Otherwise I used to sneak out to go to raves a lot (does that count? Lol).

4. What were your favorite three songs in high school? I've always had a huge crush on music but I was really into Tori Amos, Finona Apple and No Doubt ;)

5. What was the craziest thing you did in high school? I rode my binder down a flight of stairs?

mindyjean March 22nd, 2013 08:04 AM

Sure, I would do it for a week! There were times that high school was hard for me, but I also made a lot of great memories.

I was choir accompanist/singer, in all the musicals and plays, choreographed for our annual dance show, also cheerleader and on drill team. I was a part of quite a few groups--which I loved.

My friends and I loved to hang out in our courtyard outside the band/choir area. We just loved to sit and talk and be silly.
I listened to the Evita soundtrack non stop (SpankyMagoo, I bet I would know what Broadway songs you like!!!! :) ), "Sunny Came Home" by Shawn Colvin, and like Sarah Maclaughlan's Fumbling Toward Ecstasy (whole album, can't pick just one)

I honestly can't think of anything crazy that I did. I remember one night my friends and I went to Target and took pictures doing different things like wearing helmets, hats, scarves, ect. Sounds pretty dumb now! LOL

mindyjean March 22nd, 2013 08:04 AM

Sure, I would do it for a week! There were times that high school was hard for me, but I also made a lot of great memories.

I was choir accompanist/singer, in all the musicals and plays, choreographed for our annual dance show, also cheerleader and on drill team. I was a part of quite a few groups--which I loved.

My friends and I loved to hang out in our courtyard outside the band/choir area. We just loved to sit and talk and be silly.
I listened to the Evita soundtrack non stop (SpankyMagoo, I bet I would know what Broadway songs you like!!!! :) ), "Sunny Came Home" by Shawn Colvin, and like Sarah Maclaughlan's Fumbling Toward Ecstasy (whole album, can't pick just one)

I honestly can't think of anything crazy that I did. I remember one night my friends and I went to Target and took pictures doing different things like wearing helmets, hats, scarves, ect. Sounds pretty dumb now! LOL

jadeunicorn March 22nd, 2013 08:19 AM

OK, ignoring the m/s for a few moments to at least post in one thread today!

No. Heck, no. No way.

I was an outcast pretty much, with a super small circle of friends. Picked on most of high school (I so hope my kids don't experience the bullying I did, and they sure as heck better not be the bullies).

Um. Hm. Well, a couple of my friends and I enjoyed going to a tiny man-made lake - we'd explore in the woods (I am a nature lover), and then there was a malt shop we liked to eat at, but likely walking up and down the mall was where we spent most of our social time.

Hard to narrow it to 3 songs, but in general I liked Madonna and Metallica, and I remember my senior year I enjoyed the Goo Goo Dolls and Counting Blue Cars.

That may have been going to a lake house with a friend and her other friends (a friend I actually didn't attend school with, but had known for several years) and drinking for the first time. Mountain Dew and Jack Daniels - lol. Only time I ever drank in high school. My friends that attended the same school as me, well, we were quite boring.

GollyMolly March 22nd, 2013 09:54 AM

1. Would you return to high school life for a week? Why or why not? Absolutely, no bills or real responisibility where do I sign up?
2. Who were you in high school? I was kind of nerd, but not in an outcast kind of way, I was into theater. I went to an all girls school though where getting good grades and being nerdy made you cool.
3. What was your favorite high school hangout? What did you do there? We would go to the baseball feild after dark and hang out on top of the dugouts a lot lol or a friends whose parents were never home.
4. What were your favorite three songs in high school? Uh hello anything Backstreet Boys lol
5. What was the craziest thing you did in high school? I did a lot of stupid things, I was pretty fearless and good at not getting cought by my parents, we drank often, smoked pot skinny dipped in a strangers pool. We weren't bad kids per say, just rebellious.

outtheblue March 22nd, 2013 10:08 AM

1. Would you return to high school life for a week? Why or why not? Hmm. For just a week? Then yeah. Just to be young and free again.
2. Who were you in high school? A dork.
3. What was your favorite high school hangout? What did you do there? Uhh. My bedroom. Played and worked on the computer. LOL.
4. What were your favorite three songs in high school? Well, 9th/10th grade I liked "artists" that my friends liked, such as Avril Lavigne, Eminem, Usher, etc. :sick: But then I started gravitating toward Kelly Clarkson, Fall Out Boy, other pop rock. 11/12th grade I was listening to more rock and indie rock and finally classic rock.
5. What was the craziest thing you did in high school? I did a lot of stupid stuff in high school, because of my dumb friends. One time in 9th grade they got me to snort powdered candy. :mellow: Wow, to be a teenager again...
Oh, besides doing stupid stuff, I was a goody-two-shoes. I refused to drink, smoke, anything illegal, etc, but I also grew up very religious and sheltered.

StacieRN March 22nd, 2013 10:20 AM

1. Would you return to high school life for a week? Why or why not?sure! It was a blast! I loved High school!
2. Who were you in high school? I was a cheerleader and on the track team. I was probably dorkier than I knew! lol But I thought I was awesome!
3. What was your favorite high school hangout? What did you do there?Steak N Shake by the river. That was also our drunk drive through to sober up! :giggle:
4. What were your favorite three songs in high school?I loved so much music in high school it's hard to say...I still love the music from that era!
5. What was the craziest thing you did in high school?hmm, I didn't do much that was crazy. I was a pretty good kid! I got pregnant, does that count as crazy? :giggle: