JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   November 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1929-november-2013-playroom/)
-   -   God Parents? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1929-november-2013-playroom/2640803-god-parents.html)

Txmom4 April 5th, 2013 05:15 AM

God Parents?

I personally don't so the whole God parent thing for my children but are you? And do you already have them picked out?

BlessednHighlyFavored April 5th, 2013 05:29 AM

Re: God Parents?

I did with my son but not again. The people I know don't really. No won't be having God parents again.

LuckyCharm April 5th, 2013 06:54 AM

We're not religious, we're not even married, but we tought it would be nice for our son to have one of our friends be close to our son. He only has a Godmother so far , don't know if he'll ever have a Godfather. For this upcoming baby, we'll probably do the same thing.

MarineWife_03 April 5th, 2013 07:01 AM

We are religious and our daughter has godparents. And if baby #2 sticks they will too. But we already have them picked out! Our family doesn't know yet. But once baby is born we will tell them.

~Kris~ April 5th, 2013 09:34 AM

This is going to be hard for us! We are Catholic and feel it is very important to choose Godparents that can help guide our kids over the years. So far all our siblings (except BIL that has no contact with the family) are Godparent to either one of our kids or my sister's kids. One of my cousins is Godfather to our son too. I think we might have to ask more of my cousins this time. Part of me feels a little bad since I know they'd probably like to be Godparents to their own nieces/nephews too. I guess down the line they could be Godparent to multiple kids though.

None of our friends are practicing Catholics, so no luck there.

Angelgirl30 April 5th, 2013 10:42 AM

We are religious as well and we feel it is very important to have God parents for our children. My oldest daughter has a Godmother who is my best friend but I call her my sister. Her God father died back when she was a toddler. My husbands girls don't have God parents because their mother refuses to have them and she is legally over religion. But this baby will have them and the God mother will be my best friend who is like my sister and the God father will be my husbands best guy friend who is like his brother.

chelseamb April 5th, 2013 11:59 AM

I don't know anyone personally who has the same views as I do regarding raising children and religious stuff , who I trust that much so I won't be. I guess I better plan on living forever !

GollyMolly April 5th, 2013 02:22 PM

No, I thought that was just a Catholic thing? At any rate we also don't baptise babies. Its a decision they make as an adult.

TeamNick April 5th, 2013 03:24 PM

We are religious but we can pick anyone we want as godparents. Both my girls have the same godparents my sister and my husband's brother. Same ones for this little bean.

sis_sweetpea April 5th, 2013 04:44 PM

My daughter has a godmother, but it is not official. We never did the christening ceremony. I haven't decided anything about this one.