JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   November 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1929-november-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Doppler users... (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1929-november-2013-playroom/2644137-doppler-users.html)

Lindz253 April 18th, 2013 06:28 AM

Doppler users...

Who all has found baby's HB with a Doppler and how many weeks were you? I'm 10 weeks today and my neighbor said I could borrow her doppler. I'm wondering if I could start trying soon.

DownNotOut April 18th, 2013 06:41 AM

Re: Doppler users...

I think it depends on the doppler and the position of the baby. I've been able to find (what I assume to be) one twin consistently since about 6 weeks, but not much luck on the other one.

Txmom4 April 18th, 2013 06:44 AM

If its a medical grade Doppler and one one from Walmart, you should be able to hear it in my opinion. But it might take some looking.

elizabethchallis April 18th, 2013 06:59 AM

I heard Ds at 9 weeks with a sonoline b.

hopingforbabymc April 18th, 2013 07:05 AM

I've been hearing at least one of the babies since 8 weeks. I think you should be able to find it. I have the best luck first thing in the morning.

Mana April 18th, 2013 07:17 AM

If you can't find it, it's not something to worry about. With Nova my OB couldn't find her heartbeat until I was 12 weeks, but I also had an anterior placenta that was getting in the way. At my appointment a couple days ago my midwife couldn't find this one, except a quick little flutter but baby wasn't staying put long enough to get a good clear listen :)

momof8lopez April 18th, 2013 08:05 AM

I started at 7wks this time.......no problems at all finding it now, its always within a second of putting the doppler on my belly. You should be able to find it now, but be patient, look around for awhile and having a full bladder helps alot!

elizabethchallis April 18th, 2013 09:17 AM

I just tried my Doppler again and I found the HB! It wasnt long enough to get a reading. But I was able to find it 3 times. I used a lot of gel and started low.

Daisee37 April 18th, 2013 10:07 AM

Lurking from Oct DDC.... with this one, I could find it on my own at 9 weeks. With my last one, we found it at 10 weeks, but that was with the OB doing an internal exam and internally pushing my uterus up towards my abdomen while using the doppler. It depends on where baby is and where the placenta is, I think.

If you listen, a couple tips: (1) be patient and move the wand slowly and with very small movements... just re-angling the want a few degrees can totally make a difference, (2) listen low... like, right above your pubic bone--at this point, baby is much lower than you might expect.

Lindz253 April 18th, 2013 10:16 AM

Cool, thanks for all the tips! I might ask her for it tonight. What is the range my heartbeat should be so I know it's not mine? I know baby's should be a lot faster...

Daisee37 April 18th, 2013 10:23 AM

Look for a hb between 120-180 for baby. Your hb should be between 60-100.

~Kris~ April 18th, 2013 11:49 AM

I know that at all my first appts (12 wks, 10 wks, 10 wks) they have always warned me that they might have a hard time finding the HB. They did find it though with some moving around. I've never had a home one.

Cupcake2 April 18th, 2013 11:18 PM

I found my baby's heartbeat two days ago at 9 weeks 5 days! This YouTube video really helped me to tell which sounds were not baby. http://youtu.be/cFQfZ754geM

Lindz253 April 19th, 2013 07:39 AM

I don't think I found it. I think it was more the swooshing sound of my blood flow or something. I looked for about 5 mins and didn't find anything for sure. I will try again in a few days.

shana1979 April 19th, 2013 06:28 PM

I caught one today but it so positioned so close to mine that with a twitch of my hand it was gone. Couldn't find it again. Don't even remember where the wand was positioned.