JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   November 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1929-november-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Let's talk about the scale (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1929-november-2013-playroom/2649548-lets-talk-about-scale.html)

~Kris~ May 10th, 2013 07:34 AM

Let's talk about the scale

Have you been weighing yourself?

:scalegood: or :scalebad: ?

Are you concerned about weight gain(or loss if you've been sick) during your pregnancy?

jadeunicorn May 10th, 2013 08:08 AM

Re: Let's talk about the scale

I weighed 174 yesterday at my appts. I doubt I'll step on my own scale much until I get further along.

My only fear at the moment is not eating healthy enough. I'll worry about what I'm gaining once I hit the 190 mark - lol.

sis_sweetpea May 10th, 2013 08:23 AM

At my last appointment I was 164. Every time I weigh myself at home, I go back and forth between 164 and 165. I gained a few pounds right before I got pregnant, so I'm not sure what my beginning weight was, but I'm thinking it was somewhere around 160. The good thing is it's been three weeks since my last appointment and I don't seem to have gained any weight. If I can stay below 180 this time around I would be really happy. Last time I gained 25 lbs and I never really lost it all.

Nicole B May 10th, 2013 08:30 AM

I started this pregnancy at 117 and I'm currently sitting at 125 @ almost 15 weeks. I think that's alright? An 8 lb gain? Probably not ideal but not terrible. *shrug*

meritaten May 10th, 2013 08:49 AM

I'm down 15 now, but the loss has really slowed. Depends on how many good and bad days I have in a row. Hope to feel better in a month or 2.

slp2012 May 10th, 2013 08:56 AM

I haven't weighed myself since April 29th (12 wks 0 days) because I haven't been to the gym since then...oops. But I started out at 132lbs and at that weigh in I was 133.4, so 1.4 lbs difference. My normal pants had to be unbuttoned to be comfortable at that point and now they are back to being kind of loose, so I imagine my weight has gone down as well even though I eat like a hog and haven't worked out almost two weeks. ??

BlessednHighlyFavored May 10th, 2013 09:41 AM

I gained too much but Im more concerned with controlling my diabetes right now. I am not eating as much as I was in the beginning so thats good.

hotpinkheels May 10th, 2013 09:51 AM

Started at 119 and yesterday was 131. Eek.

outtheblue May 10th, 2013 09:55 AM

I feel like I've gained too much but the midwife said it was fine...actually "good". I think I started off at like 155 and I last weighed in at 169...but minus a couple of pounds for clothes and shoes, so I guess like 167. :( It just seems like too much, but I dunno. I'm tall so it spreads out more evenly, but it's really showing in my butt and hips. Ugh!!

Christina642 May 10th, 2013 10:18 AM

I've lost 5lbs. This last month. I have been fighting with the MS so I'm sure that's why

Mana May 10th, 2013 10:29 AM

I have not. My scale is wonky, I don't trust it. But I also don't really trust the scale at the birth center either :lol: At my first appointment I was 149lbs (which seemed WAY high to me) and then at my last one 3 weeks later I was 144lbs, which seems more plausible. I was originally going to count my weight at that first appt as my "starting weight" but it was so off I don't know anymore. I might just say 140lbs and call it close enough.

So I've gained about 4lbs... or lost 5lbs... or gained 9lbs and then lost 5lbs... however you want to calculate :P

~Kris~ May 10th, 2013 10:52 AM

I weigh myself every day. So far I am down 1-2 lbs, but I wish it were more like I did with my daughter since I gain more than average near the end!

My weight gain was WAY high with my boys (50-60lbs) and then I gained less than 20 lbs with my daughter (I lost 15 in the beginning, then gained it back + the almost 20). Ironically though, my weight a week or so after delivery was nearly the same with all of them -even though I was a good 25-30 lbs heavier at the end with my boys-I had A LOT of water weight with them.

Unfortunately I am one of the unlucky ones and never lose while BFing, so I really need to be careful with what I weigh, especially since I never lost as much as I wanted to after my daughter. :( It's so much harder to lose as you get older! I even trained for and ran a 1/2 marathon after having her and in that 4 month process lost maybe 2 lbs. :(

CutlassDiva May 10th, 2013 10:57 AM

I am actually down about 3lb from my start weight....I carry a bit too much weight so I am on a total 0-10lb gain order from my OB....so I am just fine with being down a little

Txmom4 May 10th, 2013 10:58 AM

I don't have a scale, but at the doc I hadn't gained any. I need to start on a "diet" because I usually gain quite a bit and I am so over weight this time that I am terrified to gain any. Like Kris, I don't lose weight breast feeding. I usually lose the weight or most of it pretty quickly, then breast feeding makes me eat like a beast so I gain it all bad (and then some :( )

mindyjean May 10th, 2013 10:59 AM

Started pregnancy at 105, up to 117 last week. I have a history of an eating disorder, so weight HAS been an issue for me, just never when pregnant. I gained 40 with both previous pregnancies, doctor wants me to gain 40 again this time, too. Doing good so far! :)

DownNotOut May 10th, 2013 01:53 PM

I'm definitely gaining weight and my doctor seems to think that's a good thing. (They say it's important to gain weight early with twins since you don't tend to carry them as long.) However, I was overweight to begin with so I worry about gaining too much. But the minimum I've been told for me is 5 pounds a month and my doctor is urging me more towards 50 total. So far, I think I've gained about 10 or so pounds, which seems crazy, but I'm just trying to focus on getting enough food in there for the kiddos.

SpankyMagoo May 10th, 2013 01:57 PM

I've gained about 5 so far which I'm pretty happy with cause last time I was closer to 15 at this point

daneeleigh May 10th, 2013 02:41 PM

I've gained 3lbs so far which I'm not thrilled about because I piled the weight on bad at the end last time. I could barely eat in my third trimester because my stomach was so squished. I ended up gaining 40lbs which I lost but I'd like to stay under a 30lbs gain. We shall see.

Lindz253 May 10th, 2013 03:02 PM

I don't know my starting weight. I was stress eating because of my losses and nervous about going to an RE. So I know I was heavier than I wanted to be. At my last appointment I was 165 I think and I'm 5'8. Im not too concerned about how much I gain but after the baby I hope to eat healthy and exercise to get back to 140.

maxmama31 May 10th, 2013 03:03 PM

I've gained about 4, and that's WITH exercising every day by walking or using my elliptical. Was hoping not to gain any yet. But I feel pretty healthy, and I'm still 10 lb lower than when I got pregnant with my son.