JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   November 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1929-november-2013-playroom/)
-   -   ER Visit (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1929-november-2013-playroom/2649753-er-visit.html)

smileymom03 May 10th, 2013 10:36 PM

ER Visit

Well ladies, I had to go to the ER tonight. I've still been bleeding on and off, and tonight I was extremely crampy, almost like I was having contractions. I called my OB and decided to go in and get checked out. I had a very detailed u/s, and come to find out that I do not have placenta previa, but an extremely large SCH :( It is 4cm by 8cm, and I was warned that it could cause miscarriage. I am so scared and upset right now. And extremely angry at my OB for not knowing the difference between placenta previa and a SCH. They told me obviously bed rest, fluids and to call my OB Monday morning, and to come back if I feel any worse. Please keep me in your prayers ladies.

maxmama31 May 10th, 2013 10:47 PM

Re: ER Visit

How frustrating! I would be upset if my OB missed that too. I'll be thinking of you and baby and will keep you in my prayers.

LABs May 10th, 2013 10:59 PM

I'm so sorry! I hope that now that you have a proper diagnosis you can get it healed! Drink lots of water and I've been doing everything possible to limit normal uterine contractions. Standing or walking around can cause them. Normally I wouldn't be concerned, but with a SCH I've been very conscious of them. Mine is healing quite quickly and I'd like to think that I'm helping it heal with my actions. I hope you are on your way to healing as well! Big hugs!

BlessednHighlyFavored May 11th, 2013 05:25 AM

glad they finally found whats going on . Praying things get better for you <3

hotpinkheels May 11th, 2013 05:31 AM

Oh how scary. Thinking of you.

sis_sweetpea May 11th, 2013 05:35 AM

Praying for you!

mindyjean May 11th, 2013 06:30 AM

Oh no!! I am so sorry. Please keep us posted.

The Aubrey May 11th, 2013 06:35 AM

Oh my gosh, that's so scary!! I'm thinking of you and praying that it starts to shrink. ((hugs)) I, too would be really upset with my OB-that's unbelievable!

MarineWife_03 May 11th, 2013 06:49 AM

I'm glad they finally figured it out! Lots of prayers your way! I hope you are able to have some downtime and keep your feet up! I'd be upset at my OB too! Is it something that's easily confused? I wonder how the OB missed it. ((Hugs))

Txmom4 May 11th, 2013 06:55 AM

Oh my goodness! How can they get those two mixed up? I'm so sorry! Please take it very easy and call your doctor right away and demand an explanation. Your definitely going to need bed rest with as large as it is. Praying for you.

~Kris~ May 11th, 2013 07:15 AM

YIKES! I know nothing about either, but is it common for them to be mistaken? I would think if they were close together maybe it's hard to tell they are 2 different things, but like I said, IDK. Hopefully continuing to rest will resolve the situation! Take it easy mama!!!

Cupcake2 May 11th, 2013 08:15 AM

Oh no, I'm so sorry! I will be praying for you and your little baby! Rest as much as you can!

franbaby May 11th, 2013 08:20 AM

THinking of you, get lots of rest hun!

momof8lopez May 11th, 2013 09:48 AM

Im so sorry for the scare, and pray you stop this bleeding and the SCH starts to shrink. I kinda thought that was a weird diagnosis to begin with, as the placenta is not even visable until after 10-11wks. I really thought you had a sch the first time you started bleeding. Both diagnosis will carry the same pelvic rest and wait and see rules, but knowing which one is important to your follow up scans. Im glad you have the proper diagnosis now and they can keep a watchful eye on you to make sure it gets smaller!

daneeleigh May 11th, 2013 10:02 AM

Hugs! Definitely keep your feet up and I'm sorry your OB missed that.

hopingforbabymc May 11th, 2013 10:26 AM

I hope everything stays ok. Very scary. :(

Nicole B May 11th, 2013 10:43 AM

Thoughts and prayers your way. :(

Mana May 11th, 2013 11:21 AM

I hope everything will be okay.

smileymom03 May 11th, 2013 01:35 PM

Thanks for the prayers ladies. My friend picked up the kids for me today while my DH was at work so I could rest. I am supposed to call my OB Monday morning, and when I go in, I think I am going to ask him to show me evidence of placenta previa on my last u/s and if he can't, well then I'll be looking for a new OB. I was almost hesitant to go to the ER last night, feeling like I was being paranoid since I was told that bleeding on and off would be normal, but I am so glad I did. On a good note, baby looks good and was actually measuring a week ahead, at 12w5d, and had a strong hb of 172. The u/s tech was really patient and thorough, and was even trying to get a nub shot for me, but the baby would not cooperate. I'll definitely keep you all posted.

Lotsakids May 11th, 2013 08:24 PM

I had bleeding & quite a bit of cramping with my SCH early on. Really hoping that it settles down & resolves fast xx