JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   November 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1929-november-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Circumcision...yes or no? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1929-november-2013-playroom/2651588-circumcision-yes-no.html)

Cupcake2 May 18th, 2013 08:46 PM

Circumcision...yes or no?

If this baby is a boy are you going to have him circumcised?

I'm torn on this issue because my DS was circumcised but that was before I knew the pros and cons. I'm leaning towards no circumcising this time (if this baby is a boy) but I feel like it would be weird to have one boy circumcised and the other not.

What are your thoughts on circumcision? I know this is a touchy subject but no arguing please!

Mana May 18th, 2013 09:03 PM

Re: Circumcision...yes or no?

No.

chelseamb May 18th, 2013 09:04 PM

YES . My oldest got an infection when he was older and needed t be done at 4 . It was horrible. I would rather prevent early. My youngest is now dealing with problems and we might need to have his dne . He's 6.... Not worth the pain they have to go through when older IMO

BlessednHighlyFavored May 18th, 2013 09:05 PM

No

Christina642 May 18th, 2013 09:08 PM

Yep!!!!

Txmom4 May 18th, 2013 09:33 PM

Yes. All three of my boys are and I'll do it again. Once they come back from getting it done, they are fine and don't act traumatized or anything.

Lauruh May 18th, 2013 10:25 PM

Torn!! I want it done but I don't want to actually do it, if that makes sense. Lol I just want the finished product. Definite lean towards no but I will let DH make the decision (he's circ'd but I don't think that will sway his decision too much since it was traumatizing for him - done at the age of 4)

Quantum_Leap May 18th, 2013 10:38 PM

Definitely not! There are three males in our family, and none of them are circumcised, including DH. None of them have ever had any issues or problems, either. The risks of circumcision far outweigh the benefits, imo. (Actually, I can't see any benefits).

HappyBabyB May 19th, 2013 12:55 AM

Definitely yes, hubby agrees. I just don't want him to grow up feeling self conscious about it and I definitely don't want him to get any infections.

GollyMolly May 19th, 2013 04:56 AM

I left it up to my DH, we talked about it the other day. He said yes he wants his son to have it done so thats that.

franbaby May 19th, 2013 06:12 AM

no, we didn't with DS and won't this time around either

The Aubrey May 19th, 2013 06:14 AM

Yes, we will.

SpankyMagoo May 19th, 2013 06:18 AM

It's hubby's decision. I'm torn but he wants it. He's the one with the wangdoodle so ill leave it up to him

One nice thing though is that the circumscicion rate have gone way down, so no matter which way you choose, your boy won't be the only one in the locker room that looks like that. Not that boys would be looking at each others dangly bits in the locker room anyway!

~Kris~ May 19th, 2013 06:31 AM

Yes, we will definitely have a baby boy circumsized. TBH, with my oldest I didn't even realize people (in developed areas of the world) didn't get it done.

So both my boys were circ'd. I agree with the others that I would rather do something early on where they don't remember it than to have problems develop later on.

I know some would argue that to do something in order to *maybe* prevent problems later on is silly, like you wouldn't remove tonsils just in case, but the procedure is fairly quick and simple and recovery is quick too.

I will say that it bothers me when people say: his body, his choice, because obviously there are a lot of things we make choices about that impact our kids' bodies. Or when people compare it to mutilation.

I didn't have my daughter's ears pierced, but I would never tell someone who did pierce their daughter's ears that they aren't respecting her body or are mutilating her.

smileymom03 May 19th, 2013 06:37 AM

Yes. Both of my boys are. My nephew had to have it done around 4 due to an infection, and it was definitely more painful and traumatizing, for him and my step-sister. He also ended up with severe kidney problems due to not being circumcised early.

Myopia May 19th, 2013 06:45 AM

Yup all four boys had it done.

momof8lopez May 19th, 2013 07:16 AM

My first 3 boys in my first marriage were circ'd. All three were perfect, no complications. My son in my second marriage is not, and he is perfect too. This baby boy will not be circ'd either. Just the males personal choice, my first dh was circ'd my second is not.

Side note, my DH is the first man I have ever been with that is not circ'd. It has been the most amayzing experience......lol. He is 50yrs old, never had an infection, never had any problems. He does not have an "oder" or any other weird problems so frequently talked about. He is very detailed in his cleaning, more so than a circ'd man. We take very good care of our son's penis as well. Just like a girl's private parts, wiping front to back, dealing with yeast infections in newborns, taking care of them is our responsiblity, no matter which route you go.

MoMMy2*Vicky.Hayd.and.K* May 19th, 2013 07:26 AM

Hayden is and if we have another Boy this one will be too...
DH actually is but was only because he had an infection and got it done at 2yrs old. (Mind u I also prefer it that way)... And he as an older man prefers and is happy he was circ too.

So we decided to circ. to be like daddy.

Angelgirl30 May 19th, 2013 07:29 AM

Definitely yes. My DH is circ and my x husband is not. My ex used to complain about it all the time and he was looking into getting it done at 30 years old. He was upset that his parents didn't get it done at a younger age.

My personal religion calls for it as well so that plays in the decision and DH definitely wants it done.

I have seen small children go through it later in age and it doesn't even affect new borns so the sooner the better for me personally.

AmyKC12 May 19th, 2013 07:36 AM

I kind of assumed it was a given (hopefully that doesn't sound dumb)....I just thought everyone had it done these days. I didn't realize there could be complications by having it done. Ultimately I will let my DH decide but I will definitely research this.