JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   November 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1929-november-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Nesting instinct (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1929-november-2013-playroom/2659803-nesting-instinct.html)

FairyDustMom June 19th, 2013 07:42 AM

Nesting instinct

I am def going through this.
Yesterday I sold my recumbent bike to clear out one of the rooms.
I am also getting rid of old toys, cleaning out my closet and getting rid of clothes I haven't worn for 5 years or more. Am planning to do duct and carpet cleaning before baby comes.
What else do you ladies do to prepare the nest??

chelseamb June 19th, 2013 07:47 AM

Re: Nesting instinct

I'm itching to start the nursery lol but generally it's just making lists right now for me . I will start clearing out my oldests room he's moving into down stairs then move him and prep the nursery :)

BlessednHighlyFavored June 19th, 2013 07:51 AM

I've cleaned and reorganized 2 hallway closets and got all my son close packed and most of the nursery converted to fit Serenity.

slp2012 June 19th, 2013 08:58 AM

I am too. I haven't bought anything for baby's room yet, but I imagine it will get worse once that starts. But yes, lots of cleaning and organizing!

~Kris~ June 19th, 2013 10:40 AM

We just moved a few months ago, so we are still getting things fully settled.

maxmama31 June 19th, 2013 01:47 PM

Well, I cleaned out my closet of clothes I can't/won't wear again for Goodwill. I had to make room in my closet for all my sewing stuff, which has been in baby's room. I went through all Max's old clothes (I kept almost everything!) and have my keep pile (gender neutral pants, and superhero stuff) and my giveaway piles. I still have to get the rest of my craft stuff put elsewhere and sort through the girl hand-me-downs we already have. And I'm sewing. Just a maternity skirt so far, but I have a bunch of things I want to make!

LABs June 19th, 2013 01:47 PM

All I've done is get out baby clothes to organize and see what I have and what I need. Its exploded in piles around my living room still!

Nicole B June 19th, 2013 03:43 PM

I went through the nesting thing when i was 30-something weeks pregnant with Teegan and it was insane. I could not.stop.cleaning.

Judging by the current state of my house that definitely has not happened yet :P but i am getting itchy to start the nursery! We've been re-shingling our roof lately but as soon as that's done all that needs to be finished in the new master bedroom is the walk-in closet (YAY!) and then we can move downstairs and start painting our old room which will then be baby's room!