JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   November 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1929-november-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Mmm, muffins (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1929-november-2013-playroom/2674911-mmm-muffins.html)

~Kris~ August 26th, 2013 11:01 AM

Mmm, muffins

I may have just eaten 4 blueberry muffins that I made this morning. :giggle: In my defense, they were only to the top of the muffin pan, not bulging over and I had breakfast 5.5 hours ago. They were SO good, I couldn't stop!

What are you munching on today???

meritaten August 26th, 2013 11:04 AM

Re: Mmm, muffins

OMG that sounds really good. I love fresh blueberry muffins!

I am being good today, but over the weekend I was terrible and made a batch of chewy snickerdoodles. So good!

hotpinkheels August 26th, 2013 11:06 AM

UGH that sounds awesome. Now I'm off to find a Blueberry Muffin recipe to make later... THANKS! :P

Nicole B August 26th, 2013 12:31 PM

Random fact: did you know store bought blueberry mufffins do not actually contain ANY blueberries in them?! So like when you go to Starbucks and order one of their muffins IT'S A LIE!!!!!

I don't like that.

But I do like real blueberries. I had some this morning in my cereal.

And I like muffins.

jadeunicorn August 26th, 2013 12:47 PM

:drools:

My list of stuff I want to eat once this baby pops out and my GD is gone is growing REALLY LONG.

hotpinkheels August 26th, 2013 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nicole B (Post 27613628)
Random fact: did you know store bought blueberry mufffins do not actually contain ANY blueberries in them?! So like when you go to Starbucks and order one of their muffins IT'S A LIE!!!!!

I don't like that.

But I do like real blueberries. I had some this morning in my cereal.

And I like muffins.

Um, then, what are they. Dare I ask? :X

~Kris~ August 26th, 2013 12:58 PM

Funny enough, I do not like actual blueberries, but I love them in muffins. :lol: THe last time I got blueberries for my oldest he decided he wasn't in the mood for them. So into the freezer they went until I had time to turn them into muffins.

Nicole B August 26th, 2013 12:58 PM

I know you will enjoy this :)

The 6 Most Horrifying Lies The Food Industry is Feeding You | Cracked.com

hotpinkheels August 26th, 2013 06:26 PM

Rude. :P Unnecessary to share that with me.

LABs August 26th, 2013 06:26 PM

Oh yes, the little blueberry flavored bits! If you make them yourself then you know that they are real blueberries. Yum, blueberry muffins! My kids can tear through a Costco size package of blueberries before any muffins ever get made.

mindyjean August 26th, 2013 07:35 PM

I made blueberry muffins yesterday, too! DS #1 and had 2 each for breakfast this morning! I also make a batch of chocolate chip cookies yesterday! :)

FairyDustMom August 26th, 2013 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nicole B (Post 27613696)

I always wondered why the blueberries in the muffins I buy are not as big and moist as homemade!:p

~Kris~ August 27th, 2013 12:33 AM

My son ate 2 when came home from school and was begging for a third! I need to get more berries to freeze so I can make more over the winter!