JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   November 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1929-november-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Heartburn, argh!! (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1929-november-2013-playroom/2675361-heartburn-argh.html)

Books_kids August 28th, 2013 08:23 PM

Heartburn, argh!!

I think I may be the first person to be hospitalized for heartburn. Not really but geesh o pete. Help!!!

~Kris~ August 28th, 2013 08:52 PM

Re: Heartburn, argh!!

Ugh, I have had it a lot recently. It sucks!!!

HappyBabyB August 29th, 2013 06:56 AM

Sorry, I feel your pain! I take tums like candy. Yesterday I had it SO bad and took 2 tums (usually that does the trick) then 5 minutes later it came back with a vengence and I had to take 2 more! Can't wait for this part to be over.

meritaten August 29th, 2013 06:58 AM

My first pregnancy I did end up going to the hospital for heartburn LOL. I was throwing up blood and it was evidently from the heartburn/reflux.

My best tool (although I am also on multiple heartburn scripts also) is gaviscon tablets. They coat your stomach too so it stays away a while. Awesome stuff.

hotpinkheels August 29th, 2013 07:37 AM

I've been using Zantac about once a week the last few weeks. I have never had heartburn so I can't wait for this to hopefully disappear after baby's debut

ducksaresnazzy August 29th, 2013 07:42 AM

Nate has had terrible heartburn and is so frustrated i haven't gotten it yet. i'll ask him, "my chest is all tight and crampy, is that heartburn?" "my heart is beating really fast is that heartburn?" and he's like "Emily. stop. you will know when you get heartburn."

meritaten August 29th, 2013 08:14 AM

Chest pain can definitely be heartburn, FYI :)

Cupcake2 August 29th, 2013 08:17 AM

I'm sorry! I hope you feel better soon! I've been having horrible heartburn lately too.

jadeunicorn August 29th, 2013 08:21 AM

Ugh, I feel for you.

My reflux has been getting worse. Afternoon is torture holding out until dinner to take my 2nd daily Zantac.

robynpuff79 August 29th, 2013 01:05 PM

Ugh every day lately... I have never been one to suffer from heartburn or reflux, but it's so awful now! I definitely need to buy some Tums.

Before I even took my first pregnancy test, back in February, when I was a few days late with my period, I actually had heartburn for the first time in forever. I guess it was a sign of things to come! :)

Erin1826 August 29th, 2013 05:11 PM

I've been taking the 150mg Zantac lately AND eating Tums throughout the day.

Heels, I hate to tell you this, but I never had heartburn before being pregnant with DD1. It did not go away after. It was not nearly as bad or as frequent but never went away completely. :/

Books_kids August 29th, 2013 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meritaten (Post 27618991)
My first pregnancy I did end up going to the hospital for heartburn LOL. I was throwing up blood and it was evidently from the heartburn/reflux.

My best tool (although I am also on multiple heartburn scripts also) is gaviscon tablets. They coat your stomach too so it stays away a while. Awesome stuff.

Oh my gosh, I figured it could do something to your body. Is gaviscon over the counter?

Quote:

Originally Posted by hotpinkheels (Post 27619086)
I've been using Zantac about once a week the last few weeks. I have never had heartburn so I can't wait for this to hopefully disappear after baby's debut

It does disappear (at least from my experience). I only get it when pregnant.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erin1826 (Post 27620574)
I've been taking the 150mg Zantac lately AND eating Tums throughout the day.

Heels, I hate to tell you this, but I never had heartburn before being pregnant with DD1. It did not go away after. It was not nearly as bad or as frequent but never went away completely. :/

Oh no, I hope mine continues to go away like in the past :-/

shana1979 August 29th, 2013 05:36 PM

I just switched from Prilosec to Pepcid and I'm pleased with the difference. Prilosec would have me vomiting w/in hours. Pepcid seems to have the acid tamed but I don't want to speak too soon.